We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need opinions on Daytona hotels??

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Need opinions on Daytona hotels??

Good Morning! My daughter and I are planning a trip down at the end of May and I have a few hotels on my list, that have somewhat reasonable prices and wondering if anyone has stayed at any of them and give opinions, thoughts, suggestions. Would be appreciated! They are:

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn

Days Inn Tropical Seas

Ocean Inn

Sea Shells Beach Club

Daytona Beach Oceanside Inn

Hawaiin Inn Daytona Beach

Also, do you know if all of these are right on the beach? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need opinions on Daytona hotels??

The only one I have stayed in was Days Inn Tropical Seas. It is right on the beach in Daytona Beach Shores. It is a clean basic hotel with oceanfront balconies ( make sure to book an oceanfront room). The pool deck is nice and oceanfront with beach access from the pool. There is ample parking and also underground parking for free. It is an easy walk to a gift shop and also some restaurants under the Port Orange bridge. Good pizza from Genovesse's which is in walking distance or will deliver to your hotel. You are also in walking distance to the Sunglow Pier which has a restaurant on the pier for a great view.

All of your other choices are right on the beach. Most hotels are right on the ocean in Daytona with only a few places across from the beach. I would for sure book a place with oceanfront room, not an oceanview, which is my preference.

Another place you may check is Tropical Winds. It usually has good rates and is the same style of building as the Days Inn. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either again.

I know Hawaiian has undergone some renovations, not sure of the updated status on there.

I don't think Oceanside Inn has balconies, that would be a big no in my book!

Hopefully you'll get some other input to help you make your decision. Let us know what you decide and enjoy!!!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need opinions on Daytona hotels??

Thanks teachrsue! I do appreciate your help! Haven't been to Daytona so it can be extremely confusing with so many places to stay and not knowing what they are like. Thank heavens for TA!

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
933 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need opinions on Daytona hotels??

All of the hotels you listed as possibles I belive to be comparable hotels. They all seem to be in the same price range and from viewing them from the street they seems to look about the same. I don't think I know what the Ocean Inn is and the Oceanside does not have balconies. Ditto TeacherSue's advice to make sure the hotel you select is directly on the beach. Plenty to choose from so don't settle for one across the street. Good luck.

4. Re: Need opinions on Daytona hotels??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:17