We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

WV
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hampton Inn Daytona Shores? What is your opinion of the place? Are there restaurants in walking distance? Any help is appreciated :o)

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

Haven't stayed specifically there however have stayed in that area. You are close enough to walk to Sunglow pier which has Crabby Joes. Also under the bridge on Dunlawton there is Our Deck Down Under and DJ's Deck. Genovesses Pizza is also near by. There may be a couple more places in strip malls around there I cannot come up with names right now. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Will you have a car? It is very easy to get around and if you don't mind driving you are just a short drive to Ponce Inlet with restaurant options along the way and 3 located at Inlet.

WV
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

Thanks for the info. Yes, we are renting a car at the airport, so we will be able to drive to other locations. Was just curious if there was anything nearby in case we wanted to grab something quick.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

It's close to a Publix supermarket, quite useful because of its deli.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

I have stayed there. The rooms are consistent with Hampton Inn standards. The ocean view decks are a great feature. The pool and sun deck is spacious. The beach is in the drive on area, but wide, flat and plenty of room for the cars and the loungers.

I enjoyed my stay and would return.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

We've also stayed there...it is attractive to us since it's convenient to get to our daughter's place. Most any property along there is fine except for a couple that never were renovated or work completed after the hurricane (I think it was Wilma?)

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

Restaurants are very close - across the street, in fact:

Aurelia's Taste of Rome (Italian and Seafood)

Porto Fino's (Italian and Seafood)

Milano's Restaurant (Italian and Seafood)

Cracked Egg Diner (American)

There are several chains in the area as well: Dennys (open 24 hours), Red Lobster, Subway, IHOP.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

The Hampton there was very nice the last time we stayed with them. Great breakfast.

Just down the road is the Trader's restaurant at the Aku Tiki Inn, another great hotel, and if you like wings, their medium wings are just right.

We like to enjoy the wings and the free happy hour in the evenings before a nice leisurely walk on the beach.

Cow Licks is also not far away. Very large dips of delicious ice cream.

Have fun!

8. Re: Hampton Inn Daytona Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 18:17