We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytona crazy cheerleading week???

Ashburnham
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
daytona crazy cheerleading week???

We were planning on going the last week in june 2012 but found out cheerleading nationals was this week. will it be to crazy... Thanks

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

It should not be bad. Daytona Beach is pretty big and spread out so it should not be bad. A friend of the wife was a coach with a college team up until a few years ago and she would go down for the event. She never seam to have any problems with it.

If you are worried about it being crazy I would find out where the event is being held and then plan on a hotel not in that area.

Ashburnham
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

Thank you very much. This helps alot..

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

How crazy things are kind of depends on your definition. You’ll have hoards of teenage girls running around all over the place, although they should have adult chaperons. Their age should preclude them from going into the bars, and for the most part nightclubs. But, it’s probably a bad weekend to try to get into the water park or other teenager appropriate venues. I’ve been around a number of times when these kids have been there and other than the assorted gaggles walking from place to place I really didn’t notice them.

I forget if they hold these things at the Ocean Center (the convention center) or the Band Shell across the street. Either way, the center of town will have lots of people in it. Hotels right around there (like the Hilton) will be very busy or sold out. Prices are going to be somewhat higher than an off weekend. Away from the center of town things should be much less crowded, although I could see some hotels getting pretty busy. I’d expect prices would be up across the board. But, there is plenty of room in the hotels, restaurants, and the beach.

Ashburnham
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

Thanks a lot, we are looking at the wyndham Oceanwalk Resort. Do you know how the resort is or how close to everything it is. Thanks again for all your help.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

The Wyndham Ocean Walk is pretty much the middle of the strip. It's close to a lot of stuff (although Daytona is pretty spread out). I've never stayed there, although it looks nice enough. I recall that it gets mixed reviews. You should check them for yourself.

You will be right in the middle of it all with the cheer leaders. If you wanted to be a little away from it all, there's a Holiday Inn a couple of miles South that's been getting good reviews. There's much less in terms of restaurants down that way, although it's still pretty close to the center of town. And, there are lots of other hotels, but be sure to check the reviews before booking.

6. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2011, 12:25
7. Re: daytona crazy cheerleading week???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:19