We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ponce Inlet

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ponce Inlet

Leaving for Florida in 10 days for bike week. We will be staying in Ponce Inlet... any must see or do things , looking for suggestions. We do plan on taking a couple days and head to the Keys other than that no real plans.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ponce Inlet

Ponce Inlet is a very small town south of Daytona Beach. I like that area much more than the main area of Daytona. There is the large Inlet Harbor Complex and a bar called Racing's North Turn, but not many other places to eat. The lighthouse is definately worth a visit. Daytona USA is also worth a visit when you go back into Daytona Beach.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ponce Inlet

There aren't really any Must Sees in Ponce Inlet. I assume you'll end up on Main Street and out at the speedway, so you should have the stuff to do in Daytona more or less covered. If you're looking for some real excitement, there's always Skydive Deland.

Inlet Harbor is probably the best restaurant to go to in Ponce Inlet. I prefer sitting on the deck out back. Down the Hatch is OK too I guess. Lighthouse Landing, or whatever they're calling it these days, is right across from the lighthouse and has a really nice view of the inlet. It gets my vote for best place to chill out and drink some beer. The down side is that they have a history of awful service and food. But, it varies from year to year.

One thing to watch out for down there are traffic cops. Do the speed limit. Do not drink to much and then try to drive. There's one part of A1A in particular where it goes from 2 lanes to 4 lanes for maybe a quarter of a mile. There's a tendency to speed around slower traffic right there, but of course that's where they're waiting with the RADAR.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ponce Inlet

Just to add there is a Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet that has rescued sea turtles and birds. There is a small fee, it is near the Light house. I agree with Inlet Harbor Bar and Restaurant for a nice evening on the deck with music. Boondocks is a little bit north in Wilbur by the Sea and is a very casual place with decent food.

Racings North Turn has entertainment on their deck also, it is oceanfront.

Elmira,NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ponce Inlet

My question about this all would be getting around. Is the traffic going to be so bad you won't be able to get to a restaurant to eat? How bad does it get?

Thanks

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ponce Inlet

Returned from our Daytona Bike Week trip. Stayed in Ponce Inlet and loved it, it was close enough to all the action but far enough away that it was quiet and relaxing. Ending up eating at Down the Hatch and did enjoy it so much we went back a second time. Being from Kansas it was a nice get away.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ponce Inlet

Glad you had an enjoyable trip and stay and thanks for posting back to let us know!

7. Re: Ponce Inlet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:23