We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marion, NC
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

was not the Volusia Mall but the mall before you get to the Volusia Mall. I think it was on the corner of Nova and International Speedway.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

There is a Burlington coat factory there. The rest is a strip mall style with nothing worth seeing.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

The Daytona Mall is still there, although it really hasn't been a traditional indoor mall in many years.

DAB
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

Use to have a great $1.00 Movie theater there...

Marion, NC
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

Yeah, that is one thing I really remember and liked about that particular mall.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

It was actually a fairly nice mall, and I remember the theater when it wasn't a dollar theater and there was a Haggen-Daz shop right next to it. They also had a pretty cool video arcade.The Haggen-Daz place probably lasted less than a year, although the facade and build-out remained for many years after, with other food places opening in it from time to time. I guess even back in the early 80s it was struggling.

I also recall when a large drugstore moved it next to what's now the Book-A-Million space They built out and fully stocked the entire store, but apparently didn't have the money to run it. So, it sat there frozen in time for probably a couple of years. I would walk by one of the windows every so often and see the assorted shampoos separating into different components and everything just generally gathering dust. Welcome to Daytona.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 16:04
6. Re: Is the mall where Books A Million use to be still there? It

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:16