We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking to shop

Kingsport
1 post
Save Topic
parking to shop

I have been planning to go to Daytona for years, and haven't been able to. We have a hotel on Richard Petty Blvd. My question, are there places to park, if I want to go shopping, or do you have to walk a lot? Are there parking garages, and if so how much do they charge to park? Thanks

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking to shop

where are you looking to shop?

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: parking to shop

you are very close to the mall and they have lots of parking there. Also if you drive to the beach many of the gift shops have plenty of parking. I would go up to the ocean walk area and park at the parking garage and then walk around that area frist then you can just start driving around and looking at the other shops. I hope this helped you out some

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,467 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking to shop

Public parking is only a problem around the boardwalk area, and that's because there just isn't much to be had there.

If you plan on shopping, you shouldn't have any problem parking as most shops and restaurants have their own small parking lots. Just don't leave your car there to go somewhere else.

The Volusia Mall has plenty of parking.

Mentioned in this post
Volusia Mall
Volusia Mall
94 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parking to shop

we have found no problem parking anywhere in daytona. especially not around the boardwalk with the new oceanwalk parking garage.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: parking to shop

Yes,

There is a 6 story parking garage x from Ocean Walk Shoppes..(215 N Atlantic).

I have only seen that lot filled during the HOT nights of special events....

You will be right X the street from the Volusia Mall if you are staying on RPB....there is plenty of parking there...

Also if you want cute....try shopping in Daytona off SeaBreeze Av (600 N off Atlantic..ecelectic shops.....) also New Symrna Beach has some nice shops (mostly home decor - some antiques...).

My favorite is St Augustine, St George St is a cobblestone street with many small shoppes...mostly antiques...great .. there are great restaurants and the area is just beautiful with the ocean and the boats....there is an inlet, so there are many boats. Very relaxing drive from Daytona to St Augustine.....beautiful scenery!!

Have fun...

Renata

Mentioned in this post
Volusia Mall
Volusia Mall
94 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: parking to shop

Renata, We make a trip to ST, Augustine almost every time we go but as yet have not found a really good restaurant. We also love all the shops there and the boys love the fort. Do you know of any good retaurants there?

Mentioned in this post