We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

OK firstly I'm totally amazed this forum doesnt seem to have allot of action -

Never been to Daytona before, really excited going for a few weeks

so we get to the races and do lots of other things too -

10 WEEKS ro go - hope this room livens up

Rosie

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Actually, it's been a little busier than usual just recently. It never was a busy room, but I thought it was unusually slow around the time of this past 500. Things do seem to have been trending down over the last few years. I also think some of the folks who've answered questions in the past have also gotten bored of it and stopped checking.

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

VERY SAD..... I must say with the hundres of thousands of people going to the races I really thought this would be a busy site -

I love checking the forums always new things to learn about places I've never been, great for reviews and getting info on others experiences.

Kind of you to answer much appreciated

Rosie

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

If you're looking to keep track of what's going on in Daytona, you can check out the local paper the News-Journal. It's really a pretty good newspaper. For some reason, all the best stuff usually seems to show up in the business section, and the recently revamped opinion section is good too.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 14:30
Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Great tip thanks for that I'll check it out.

Rosie

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Ok Rosie so I don't know why I feel right now the need to post but I am sitting at the Texas Nascar race right now very bored. Need some wrecks. Getting my nascar fix before Daytona. WooHoo!!!! Go Dale Jr. even though it doesn't look good for you right now. I love Iphone Apps. Thanks Trip Advisor for having one to use my time here.

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Hey Sarah

If I was driving you have been guaranteed a wreck ha ha ha ha

Poor Dale, maybe in Daytona he call pull a win out of the hat.

Personally I don't care who wins as long as they are good looking - mind you I like Dale, Jeff, Tony and Kasey.

Not long to go I can't wait.

I must admitt for the thousands of people who go Daytona the forum is pretty darn lame - not many comments but hey ho what can you do.

How long are you staying in Daytona? and where are you staying? you may have already told me but I can't remember.

Hope you had a good time in Texas.

Rosie

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Hey, Texas is our home track. Only 45 minutes from our house. We will miss the November race here because we will be in Vegas that week. Speaking of Vegas, this forum is very slow. The Vegas forum, people post their dates, get to know each other and meet up when they get there. I have made 3 lifelong friends from the Vegas forum as we meet there every year. I did make some friends from here last year on the Tenn. forum as we were all going to Bristol. Met up with them there and still keep up with them now.

Please let the Daytona race not be as boring as this race in Texas was.

Right now our only nights booked are 2 nights at LaQuinta in Lake Mary for that Friday and Saturday. I teach school so when school is out at the end of May, I will be devoting all my time to trip planning on this trip. Trying to work in a night at the Hard Rock in Tampa also. They haven't opened their July schedule yet.

We have all our Nascar gear together though for Daytona and can't wait!!! Go Dale Jr and Tony Stewart.

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

I have to agree - this site is VERY QUIET - I was rather dissapointed

Everywhere else I've been the forums seems very lively but not sure what the reason is...........could be that we are the only fun ones going ha ha ha ha

As I said we are there for 2 weeks, staying at the River Lily Inn and really looking forward to it - I need a holiday

LOVED LOVED LOVED Vegas - will go back there again one day soon - however later this year I might be going back to Ireland to see my parents and all the family - so hey ho Vegas is out this year.

Have a good one Sarah

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Actually, with the exception of relatively small number of vacation hot-spots, most boards seem to be pretty dead. Secondary destinations like Daytona fare a bit better, but can get kind of quiet too. Some boards out there have never had a question asked in them. The one for the town I live near, Lake Mary, has like 1 a year.

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NASCAR JULY......................where is everyone???

Oh my goodness

I guess it depends on where you take your vacation I know Vegas,Bahamas, Cuba, all seems to keep quite busy.

Do you think then that people are not using Trip as much as they used to?

FYI I always use it to check out hotels and places we are going and find it very useful the one time I didn't we ended up at a hotel in Toronto that I would NEVER go back to - I did a trip report and last month the owner called me and refunded our stay - so I know it really does have its uses.

Even for the 500 there was not allot of action in the forum - what can we do to beef it up? lol

Rosie