We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

Looking to take the DOTS airport shuttle for the first time from my house to MCO (door-to-door). I would appreciate reviews or experiences from others who have used them before I make a reservation. They are running a special which beats the price of the DO Shuttle.

Thank you in advance!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

I have not had any experience with it, just a taxi from DAB airport to our motel on A!A. I would contact the Chamber Of Commerce in DB to inquire, I bet they have plenty of trustworthy info for you.

bonnie

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

I used them a couple of times 20 to 25 years ago and they were fine. And, I've never heard any complaints in all these years, so you should be OK.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

My son attends college in Daytona and uses both shuttle services quite often to get from the campus to orlando. Never had any problem with either of them. He says they are on time and polite.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

I appreciate everyone's comments.

Thank you!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

Let us know please -- folks always as this question on this forum...

I always rent a car - so I will never use the service but would like a Yay or Nay recommendation..

Renata

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

They have been in business for a very long time. I have never heard a complaint about them. I've also used the service many times.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

I use their service about 2 times per year and have never had a problem. Always on time and courteous. Last Jan I was denied boarding a flight and the manager of Dots gave me a credit on my return trip which he did not have to do as it clearly states NO REFUNDS. So that says a lot for them.

Daytona Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

I rode with DOTS several times between 2008 and 2012 when they were very good. Then I had a horrible experience a couple of months ago, and heard that several others did too, evidently a change in management.

Houston
Level Contributor
1 post
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

A number of us just experienced the 'ride from hell' on DOTS, coming from the Orlando airport to the Hilton in Daytona Beach. First, we were scheduled to leave the airport at 1:45pm, with a promise that we would be in Daytona Beach in an hour (we had a 5pm appointment). We left a half-hour late from the airport, and we only got away that quickly because one of the passengers went to help the driver load the bags. Tickets are handwritten in quadruple copies, which is amazing in an era of handheld computers. The driver then told us that first we had to drop someone off at the DOTS office, and he would have to go inside to handle their paperwork while we waited on the bus. He also had to correct at least two other tickets that were wrongly written up at the time of the reservation. That killed another half-hour while we sat there with the engine running. The bus driver then got back on the bus and had to re-check everyone's tickets! He had names on a clipboard roster in addition to the triplicate ticket copies he still had in his hand, and we had to point to our names on the roster and then find the triplicate copy that matched what we had in hand. Oh, forgot to mention that he had the heater on in the bus (this was July, mind you) for a half-hour before someone told him to turn it off. Finally, he announced that first we would have to stop at Embry-Riddle, then the Nautilus, then the Hilton, even though only three of the remaining fifteen or so passengers were at those stops. He repeated two more times the final itinerary (we joined in under our breaths, although a few passengers just said 'let's just go already!') before we hit the road again. We finally arrived at our destination, the Hilton, at 4:45pm. For the return trip, we were told we would have a 10:30am pickup, and the bus arrived a few minutes after 11am. The driver couldn't find four people on his list, so we left them. When we first reconfirmed the return trip, we were also told that we would have to first go to the office and wait there for an hour, but because of the late start we only waited five minutes. We arrived at the airport in plenty of time, and the second driver was much more efficient than the first one, but next time we'll all pitch in and either rent a car or take a taxi!

10. Re: DOTS Airport Shuttle - Opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:17