We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a great oceanfront room

Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a great oceanfront room

I will be in the Daytona area on May 3- May 5. I am looking for a great direct oceanfront room with great views. Daytona beach shores sounds like it is a bit less hectic. Does anyone know of any places where I could get this? Or any private owners that are great to work with? Thanks in advance, I love Daytona and come back every year!!

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

Harbour beach Resort..private owners and front desk. Very good value..about 100. per nt. right on the beach. Type in Harbour beach resort and it will pull up "to Rent". then it will list units availablre.

good Luck!

i am going there in 2 weeks!

Patty

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

Hey there is this BEAUTIFUL motel right beside Ocean's 1 Condo, it's called the Sage N' Sand, it's right on the beach, there is a pool, shuffle board, and the motel is very well kept, also I believe that it's has a very cheap rate, and the rooms are big, the service is polite, and the rooms are clean.

Also there is The Hilton, The Ocean Walk Resort, Sun Viking, Bahama House, these are all hotels with great views of a beautiful beach.

Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

Where do i type in at?

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

Be careful, many are oceanview not oceanfront. Palm Plaza in Daytona Beach Shores has all rooms oceanfront.

5. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2006, 01:35
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

try south shore motel, stayed there in 6/05-got the same room this year also. this is a very clean and a great view of the ocean,make sure u ask for 2nd or 3rd floor oceanfront.you can not book on line but they have a web site and a phone (1-800-446-9248).this is the web site www.my.daytonalodging.com they are also a superior small lodging member.try this place out you be sorry. this place is just what u are looking for....!

Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

Daytona Beach Shores have a couple of well kept secrets - one of them the South Shores Motel. You can eat from the floors - if you like.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

We just returned from a weekend at The Shores Resort and absolutely loved it. They are the only 4 diamond hotel in Daytona. We thought it was very reasonably priced for the room. All the rooms are about 500sf and they have oceanfront, oceanview and riverview, with and without balconies. The pool area is great with plenty of chaises, private access to the beach, a tiki bar and pool cabans for rent. This is a renovated ($5m) Hilton and the service was first rate from the time we checked in until check out.

Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

If you are looking for a real resort in Daytona - the only REAL on is the Shores Resort!! Nothing compares. Location. Service. Quality. An upscale place for upscale people.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a great oceanfront room

Hi Beach,

Please define "Resort" if " The Shores" is the only real resort in Daytona, I would be very interested to hear what your definition of resort is....

Thank you,

Renata