We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childrens/kids only hair salon

GA
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Childrens/kids only hair salon

HI, Im currently in Ormond beach on vacation, but we are obviously really close to Daytona, I have a 3 yr old and really would love to take him to a kids only "Fun" hair salon, Is there one here within 20 mile radius? Ive been looking online but they seem to be out of business just when I click the link. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

you're kidding...right ?

I think anyone will cut a three year old's hair. Does he bite ?

Edited: 25 June 2012, 03:49
Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

Dewhit6959 - that's a normal question. There are tons of salons just for children because a lot of salons don't want children in them and because a lot of children are scared of new experiences.

Edited: 25 June 2012, 03:59
GA
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

Dewhit, I was meaning a place like this.........

http://lollipopkidscutphoto.com/ ....just for example as this one is nowhere near us.

We live near Atlanta and have lots of these type of places there, We ended up going to supercuts in Daytona yesterday and they did do a great job but just wanted the "fun experience" since this is his birthday week. If you have children Im sure you can/would understand. Thanks, GK95. :)

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

Yes..we had children. We cut their hair for years while in military.

They survived with no noticeable bad traits or mental tics.

Don't get me wrong, it's your child, but does a three year old really have enough self awareness and vanity to worry about their haircut ?

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
996 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

look what happens when the fun gets out of control...

jibberjazz.com/msm3/…bad_haircut2.jpg

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

I've seen these places on the TV in the UK. A lot of them are portrayed as preening places where pushy moms take there lil kids to prepare for pageants n similar stuff!

I'm all for it. There's nothing like installing vanity into the lil mites brains, so they grow up with a chip on their shoulder with regard to their appearance!

Nice one!

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

I've never heard of a place like this in the Daytona area although I suppose it's possible. My sense is that Daytona doesn't have the demographic to support that sort of thing.

8. Re: Childrens/kids only hair salon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:47