We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel/activities questions

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
hotel/activities questions

What is the nicest hotel or condo in the middle of the action. We live on the west coast of Florida and have not been to Daytona in about 10 years. Are all the arcades and rides still on the beach by the boardwalk? Have they been refurbished at all? Also, does anyone know how old you have to be to rent ATV on beach? We plan to just hang out on beach and enjoy the waves since our side is flat and maybe do some go-carting with the kids. We will stay 3 nights. Thanks

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel/activities questions

The first place to look is the Hilton. It's more or less the nicest hotel on the strip (the Shores Resort, which used to be the Hilton, is probably comparable) and definitely the nicest one in that area. You could also look at the Ocean Walk Time Share/Condos, although I've seen reviews that say some rooms are not well maintained and folks have been stuck in really bad ones.

That area of the beach is non-driving, which it probably was the last time you were there. So, you'll have to walk North or South to get to a place that rents ATVs. I'm not sure how far away they are. They have also implemented some new beach driving rules that include One Way sections (the Beach Patrol kept running over people), and I'm not sure how that would factor into ATV use.

The Boardwalk is still there in all its glory, and still has kind of the 60s cheezy thing going on. Although they have made some attempts to spruce things up a little. Some rides are gone, others have come in.

They just got done rebuilding the pier and have opened a Joe's Crab Shack on it. By all accounts they did a nice job. They also bulldozed the bar at the beginning of the pier. It always struck me as the worst place in town, so good riddance.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel/activities questions

Several Holiday Inns on the beach were recently renovated. (Other hotels are in the process of renovating)

The closest one to the Boardwalk would be the Holiday Inn & Suites at 930 North Atlantic. The other two are, Holiday Inn Resort at 1615 South Atlantic Ave, and Holiday Inn Express at 3301 South Atlantic Ave.

3. Re: hotel/activities questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 10:15