We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

Hi - where would you perfer to stay? we're mostly interested in short walking distance to a clean, peaceful beach...

also, any info about the local area would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

Both hotels are on the beach therefore just a few steps to be on the beach, no road to cross.

Both are located in Daytona Beach Shores which is a quieter area than right in Daytona Beach. Most all the rooms at the Days Inn are oceanfront with balconies. They are older and clean with a nice pool deck right on the ocean.

I have never stayed at the Hampton.

The beach is clean, there are cars allowed on the beach. That shouldn't cause a problem unless you are traveling one of the busier times of the year.

NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

thanks! i've read a few comments about the area being run-down...what do you think?

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

I love Daytona and visit often. The beach areas are fine. There are some places that have never recovered from the hurricanes a few years ago however, it doesn't impact the beach.

Take a look at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Daytona Beach Shores. If that is in your budget, it is a very nice remodeled oceanfront property. I would choose it over Days Inn.

Ponce Inlet is worth a vist, just south on A1A. The lighthouse is there and has beautiful grounds. There are some restaurants on the water and makes a nice evening out after a day on the beach. ( Watch your speed) The only accomodations in this area are condos and most have monthly leases with a few exceptiion.

I would suggest if you do book something to make sure it is not a nonrefundable rate. We are in hurricane season, and you just never know!

We are planning on coming up from south Florida for a long weekend in Sept. Even though we live in Florida now, we still return to Daytona for getaways!

Edited: 05 August 2012, 03:31
NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

Hi! thanks for the advice - i was wondering why the hotels had a cheaper, non-refundable rate and "regular" rate...now I see...weather could be a factor.

You recommended a HI hotel - I see that there are 2...could you please clarify for me?

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront 3301 South Atlantic Avenue or

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach 930 North Atlantic Ave.

we like a more quiet area so decided against cocoa beach - we're flying out of orlando so wanted to stay in the general and beach area.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

Holiday Inn Express on South Atlantic

NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

thank you!

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

Lot's of great seafood dining options in Daytona Beach Shores! The Deck Down Under, DJ's, Inlet Harbor, Crabby Joe's, Racing's North Turn to name just a few. Genovesse's on Dunlawton has amazing pizza and strombolis. Great prices too.

I've stayed at the Days Inn - nice super & clean and well run property with underground parking. The balcony overlooks the pool and of course, the ocean.

The Hampton will have a expanded breakfast if that is your thing. Gotta love the waffle maker!

NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

yay! thanks!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
323 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

We love Daytona.. and visit almost every year.. If you're looking for fun and cheap shopping.. check out the Flea Market. . lots of cheap tshirts and "junk" .. good exercise too.

We just returned and stayed at the other end of Daytona (technically Ormond) but thats per the zip ..We like that area as well . as the Granada Bridge Pier is fun to walk and watch people fish.

We randomly (from the hotel coupon book) chose the Makai.. it is old and tired. . but the rooms were clean and spacious.. they served a decent breakfast..muffin, bagels, cereal, fruit & yogurt. The rate was great $74 for OF with balcony and kitchen. and the staff was by far the friendliest we've ever encountered. . and they have an entire room of beach stuff for guests to use for free! Chairs, umbrellas, boogie boardds . even bikes.. We were realy pleased with it ..

NY
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: days inn oceanfront or hampton inn shores oceanfront?

thank you!