We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help

My boyfriend and I are heading to Daytona Beach in June. We went there several years ago and stayed at the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn. We liked the hotel, but as I was researching for hotels today, I just realized that it is located in Daytona Beach Shores. What is the difference between this and Daytona Beach? We would like a hotel on the ocean in Daytona that has parking, a pool, fitness room, wireless internet and continental breakfast- in that order of preference. (We could sacrifice the breakfast if we had to. ) Also, we are looking between 100-120 price range. I was looking at La Quinta, but it seems it is sold out when we want to go and a few reviews had concerns about parking. Can anybody recommend any of these hotels that has all or most of these accommodations? What about Oceanside Inn? Thanks...

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help

Hi there Cay, Daytona Beach Shores Is Right On The Beach, And Daytona Beach is the actual City of Daytona, It's not a big diffirence but when you search a hotel and find Daytona Beach Shores it means that it's on the beach and Daytona Beach is inland,

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help

I would vote "No" to Oceanside Inn, there are NO Balconies!!

Do yourself a favor, at least stay somewhere that you can open a window or better yet, OCeanfront Balconies!!

All they have is "atriums".

I would recommend based on your criteria and order of expensiveness::

Ocean Jewels Travel Lodge

Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center

Oean Walk Resort

Daytona Beach Shores is the small town south of Daytona Beach, continuing south on A1A you will roll by Wilbur by the Sea and then Ponce Inlet.

If you are in Daytona beach traveling north you will roll into Ormond Beach.

All of these towns shae the same great beach...just different Taxing bodies!!

Renata

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help

What are you travel dates?

Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help

We're looking to go June 22-25.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help

Prepare for some hot weather

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
927 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help

just wanted to respond to mr. pibb: I believe you are wrong about the location of Daytona Beach. The town of Daytona Beach is BEACHSIDE NOT INLAND. The town on the other side of the river from Daytona Beach is Holly Hill and then Port Orange.

I believe someone earlier replied to the post correctly that it is just different towns, but it all looks the same and offers hotels and restaurants.

Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel help

Check out the Hilton and the Shores Resort - The Shores Resort is located in Daytona Beach Shores which is a little more upscale than Daytona Beach, much safer.

Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel help

Hilton is sold out for when we want to go. I remember when we stayed at the Aku Tiki Inn, we drove by the Adam's Mark, which I guess now is the Hilton, and going to Mai Tai's. Is that Daytona Beach Shores? That's the general area we want to stay in again, but Aku Tiki is out of our price range.

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel help

to make it clear Daytona Beach is also inland or on the mainland, like Beach street is in the city of daytona beach, ISB or international speedway blvd is daytona beach, and Holly hill is sometimes listed as daytona beach! Its hard to understand and really is kind of stuipd but. If on wanted to Ormond beach, daytona beach shores, and ponnce inlet are the only three city signs you see on the beach side you never see a daytona beach city sign. But anyways just had to but my 2 cent in and take up for Mr. Pibb

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
927 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel help

I guess I misspoke also, you are right that Daytona is both beachside and mainland, and I forgot to mention South Daytona!