We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's there to do, and general weather question

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
What's there to do, and general weather question

I know that no one can predict the weather, I'm just looking for an idea if how it's been in the past. We usually vacation in Madeira Beach for spring break but were thinking of switching it up this year. We usually have GREAT weather....highs in the miid 80's and cooler nights. Wondering how much different it is being a bit farther North and on the Atlantic Ocean versus the Gulf of Mexico. We love to be able to sit on the beach all day and we also like to be able to go into the ocean with out freezing! Any help you can give me on these questions and this area would be much appreciated!

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's there to do, and general weather question

It somewhat depends on when you'll be coming down. The Spring Break season starts at the end of February and continues more or less through the end of April. That said...

My guess is it'll be 10 degrees cooler than down by Tampa. And, the Atlantic is almost always cold that time of year. It can also get kind of windy.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's there to do, and general weather question

Thanks! We will be down March 28-April 10. Thinking I best stick with the area we know:)

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's there to do, and general weather question

We typically head down to Daytona the last week in March. The weather is usually nice and yes there are spring breakers in the ocean. I am not really sure about the water temperature. The air temperature is nice. The weekend of March 30 through April 1 there is a pretty big car show going on at the racetrack and Bel Air Plaza if you like hot rods and show cars.

4. Re: What's there to do, and general weather question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:17