We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tennessee
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Hi. We are taking the family to Disney for 4 days in June and want to spend 4 more days at a beach close by. What area has the nicest condo rentals? We aren't wanting a party on the strip type of atmosphere. Looking for very nice accommodations, good restaurants and a nice beach. Thanks!

DAB
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

I would recommend Ormond by the Sea, North of Granada Blvd. (SR40).

I was up that way the other week and traveling along A1A in Ormond Beach I was amazed at how blighted it looked.

But good? real fancy? restaurants can be found on E. & W. Granada Blvd. (SR40) a short drive away.

(be aware that W. Granada is under construction now)

Ormond by the Sea was a lot busier & nicer but also be aware that A1A is only a 2 lane roadway North of Granada Blvd. and to me the traffic was non stop IMO. But it is Race Season and hopefully most 'Winter People' will have returned up North by June. ;)

Boden, Sweden
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Ocean Walk Resort is really nice, but a bit pricy in the summer ( highseason) Daytona Beach Resort is a good place, the rates are ok ,its great for kids and walking distance to a lot of restaurants. We stayed there for the first time last year and booked it again this summer.

Ocean Walk Resort is bigger and it has a really nice poolarea ( so do DBR ) and its close to Main Street, but we stayed there several times and altough we love the place, its more quiet "up north" at DBR.

If you stay at DBR you have a Publix just across the street....So that area gets my vote..

Edited: 23 February 2013, 20:13
tennessee
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

The resort hotels look nice, but our aunt and uncle will be with us so we really need a condo with two seperate bedrooms. There will be 4 adults and two kids. This is a dumb question, but what is the difference in just Ormond beach and Ormond by the Sea? I've also seen some rentals in Daytona Shores. How is that area? I'm not at all familiar with the Daytona area so any help is appreciated. Thank you both for your responses.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Most condos on Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach Shores are on the beach. Many condos in Ormond by the Sea are across A1A, still ocean view, nothing is built on the beachside of A1A due to that stretch of the area having no room for condos, hotels etc.

Ormond is a non driving area of the beach where as Daytona Beach Shores have a drive beach for most of it.

Many condos do weekly rentals only during the summer months so you'll want to contact an owner that has a vacancy and see if they can offer something for a daily rate. Check out vrbo.com

We have rented monthly in both Daytona Beach Shores and Ormond, we prefer Daytona Beach Shores because we find it easier to get to places we want to visit during our stays.

DAB
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Up to the 'North Shore Park' has Condos right on the beach in Ormond By The Sea.

From Granada Blvd. to Standish Drive in Ormond has private homes on the beach, then a row of Condos (limit of my beach walk and turn around point from the Granada approach) to the southern border of Ormond By The Sea, then more Condos up to the park, then the drive is all ocean view up to Flagler Beach.

Ditto on the easier to reach more in Daytona Beach Shores.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

You might also find something in New Smyrna Beach. Actually, the closest beaches to Disney are farther south. Also take a look at Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Indialantic, and Melbourne Beach.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 02:51
tennessee
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Unfortunately, all replies i've received back for condos on VRBO only do full week rentals. I've found a few buildings that have 2 bedrooms and will do nightly. The Royal Floridian, The Cove and Tropic Sun Towers. Out of these 3, any opinions which would be nicer? Any to stay away from? I appreciate all your help!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

Out of those I would go with Royal Floridian, a poster in the Ormond Beach forum has stayed there, PTbird, you may want to contact her via PM for more info.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

We stayed in Daytona Beach Shores in a condo and it was a very nice area. Our condo was rented weekly only, as well.

tennessee
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nicest area to rent a condo this summer

I rented a 2 bedroom at the Royal Floridian in the newer south tower. I'm looking forward to it!