We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few notes from yesterday's duals

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
A few notes from yesterday's duals

Staying in Palm Coast, left around 11:30 and had no issues at all with parking in lot 7. We followed to speedway directions which take you off 95 South early and encountered no traffic. The bus ride to the track is fun, looked like fire roads including unpaved with state troopers blocking traffic as we crossed every main road.

Quite a line for the bus going back but well organized and multiple buses loading with another pulling in as soon as one left. Maybe a 25 minute wait in line and moderate traffic headed north. We took 40 east and drove up A1A instead of following the crowd up 1 north.

I didn't realize track rules changed, they now allow larger coolers including the ones with wheels and telescoping handles and non-clear backpacks. These rules are in the one place I didn't look, the tickets!

We were in Keech J row 44 and I thought the seats were great, we have almost the same seats for Sunday. We could see the entire track but were also directly in front of the big screen. Great view of the pit exit and clear view of the start finish line.

We will leave much earlier for Sundays race and use the same route and parking. Our first race and we had a fun time, the crowd was as much fun as the race.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few notes from yesterday's duals

Thanks for the great info brl, sounds like a good race. We will be here Sunday. They have allowed non clear backpacks for quite some time, it just takes longer to get in as they make you open them up. Where they did not allow them was on the pit tours. Don't know if that has changed. Glad you had a good time and good weather this year!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A few notes from yesterday's duals

Thanks for this update. BrlDsguise, I'm in Keech Sec. E, row 32 (5 sections to your right). Do you think I'll be able to see the start/finish line ok down there? Just wondering.

3. Re: A few notes from yesterday's duals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 05:17