We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

Any comments or suggestions on getting a shuttle or taxi from Tropical Winds Hotel in Daytona Beach and get dropped off at an Orlando Hotel - and NOT the airport. Would be a hastle to get to the terminal of an airport service company, and then obtain services of another shuttle service i.e. Mears. Trying to avoid two shuttles.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

Well, it is about 60 miles to Downtown Orlando, another 10 or so to International Drive, and another 10 or so to Disney. The mileage x about $2.50 a mile would not be a cheap taxi.

Many people on the Florida forums have posted about Red Coach. I haven't used them, so I don't know any details.

A town car may be another option, It would likely be rather expensive too.

It is my understanding that most of the transport companies from Daytona to Orlando specifically go to MCO.

Have you thought about renting a car? The easiest way is to drive.

Edited: 07 March 2013, 12:49
Newfoundland Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

We won't be needing a vehicle once we are in Orlando, so it would be a waste of money just sitting there. Our hotel offers free shuttle service to Disney locations and we prefer to walk to restaurants around our hotel. I just find the three shuttle option so cumbersome, and it would be much quicker to go curbside hotel to curbside hotel in Orlando. To use the shuttle, I would need to get taxi from hotel to shuttle terminal, shuttle terminal to airport terminal, and then another shuttle service from airport terminal to hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I just thought there should be another option other than expensive towncare option or the shuttle service.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

You can rent a car for one day.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

The taxi companies in Daytona will likely give you a "flat rate" for a specific journey. Call them ahead of time to see who gives you the best quote.

Yellow Cab 386-255-5555

Florida Cab 386-254-3400

Southern Komfort Taxi 386-252-2222

There is also American Taxi, but I do NOT recommend them for service. Many complaints have been lodged against them.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

The 2 shuttles - Daytona to the Orlando Airport then from the airport to the Orlando Hotel would be the least expensive way - even if it would be a pain ..

Try DOTS - for Daytona to Orlando Services...386-947-9947.

They will pick you up at the airport.

Renata

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

My suggestion would be to rent a car in Daytona, drive to your hotel and then turn car into a rental location either on Hotel Plaza Blvd. or at Disney, location of turn in depending on which rental company you choose.

7. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from a hotel in Daytona to hotel in Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 05:18