We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for Daytona 500

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for Daytona 500

Long way off but we're planning on doing the 500 in Feb 08. In previous years we've stayed in Orlando and drove up to Daytona for Busch/Cup races, however we thought it would be good to have a week up in Daytona.

We know is going to be expensive and hoping to spend somewhere around $2000 for 7 nights?? . Can anyone recommend any family friendly hotels as we have 2 kids who will then be 5 & 9.

We have only been to Daytona beach in the daytime and always felt safe but are there any areas that we should avoid come nightime

thanks x

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Since 2008 is the 50th....you are right on in booking early.

You can probably get a 1 bedroom somewhere for $2000/week.

If you are looking for Oceanfront...I would definitely recommend an indoor pool. They are opening up rooms at a resort conversion in Daytona Beach soon.

Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center...

I would recommend this resort & location...

Trip Advisor has bad reports due to construction...but they have just completely ripped out all walls and replaced everything and it is going be Beautiful!!

Also Ocean Walk...this is a great resort especailly if you are traveling with children...

Renata

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Thanks for the reply,, had'nt registered with me that the 500 in 2008 was the 50th, we just try to go every 2 yrs or so, Does anyone know how far in advance you can book hotels, i know in some places its 51 wks in advance just wondered if that's the case in Daytona.

If I can't find anywhere in Daytona are there any other beach resorts that's not too far away?

thanks again

Jackie

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Have you just used TripAdvisor's search?

You could try private owners, or call the large chains.

I can never book a car until 265 days out...

It is best to book early if you want to lock in a good price.

Thanks,

Renata

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Does anyone know anything about the Flamingo Inn South Atlantic drive? Is South Atlantic drive a nice area

thanks again

Jackie

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Atlantic runs along the Ocean..it is also referred to as State Route A1A.

Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Flamingo Inn is a really nice very tropical and secluded inn - well taken care of and also in a good location - about 54 miles from the Speedway. We have stayed there for weekends - its clean, personal and the service is good - if you like the feel of a tropical garden you'll love this one - unusual in Daytona on the beach. Its also not as old as most other places.

Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Sorry - Flamingo Inn is about 4 miles from the Speedway!!

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

Thanks Flamingo Inn sounds ok, i have emailed them and the quote was'nt too bad so think we'll probably stay there then treat the kids to a week in a Disney Hotel afterwards

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

<< Sorry - Flamingo Inn is about 4 miles from the Speedway!! >>

No, its about 8 miles from the Speedway. Its 5 miles to the track from the corner of A1A x US92, so cant be LESS than that.

-----

Feb 2008 - thats still two hurricane seasons away! Lots can happen before then!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels for Daytona 500

I know someone who has a beautiful house on the beachside that they rent out (1 block from OceanWalk). 3-4 bedrooms, full kitchen, etc. Let me know if you are interested, and I will post the contact info.

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach