We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NCA Cheer Trip Report

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
1,965 reviews
Save Topic
NCA Cheer Trip Report

We were finally able to get a hotel booking on the beach within walking distance of the bandshell, and after seeing some of the "seedier" locations I am glad I sought some tripadvisor help and did the research. Thanks everyone! We were able to book the Holiday Inn and Suites on the Ocean, and I am so glad we did! The hotel was about a 15 minute walk to the bandshell area, which was perfect to be near but far enough to get away from all the crowds. We booked an ocean front King room which was very large and had a small kitchenette area with fridge and micro. We stopped at the supermarket and picked up a snacks, cheese crackers, etc. There was a living area near the balcony with a couch, tv and table and chairs. It was very comfortable and the view was beautiful. We spent a few days poolside but most of the time we were busy with Cheerleading. We made notes on potential hotels for next year but found out next year the Nationals will be held in Orlando--hello Mickey.

The whole town had Cheerfever and Cheerleaders were everywhere. It was pretty crowded. The Prelims were at the Ocean Center and the Finals at the Bandshell. It was amazing to watch the teams compete on the beach. The weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy the Florida weather.

We had one lunch and one dinner at Joes Crab shack...because it was convenient with great crab dishes. We had wings and appetizers at the Wing House--great 10pm Happy Hour. The bandshell area had typical Bubba Gumps, and Johnny Rockets. Sloppy Joes and Mai Tai were another spot we spent late night for drinks and appetizers.

We took a ride to Congo Minature golf and played mini golf and fed the gators. We shopped for t-shirts and had ice cream at the Boardwalk, and walked the beach.We wanted to drive the beach but never got around to it.

Our last day we had planned to watch the sunrise on the East Coast and set on the West Coast on a gulf beach for a bucket list checkmark. So we set the alarm and sat on our balcony and watched the sunrise over Daytona. It was beautiful. We then packed up and headed West for our last leg of this Florida trip to Sanibel Island.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NCA Cheer Trip Report

I'm glad everything worked out, thanks for your report!

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NCA Cheer Trip Report

Great report. I am here at the moment and we saw quite a number of cheerleaders wandering around last week :-)

Diana

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NCA Cheer Trip Report

Thanks so much for sharing ~ I hope you have many fond memories that will last a lifetime!

4. Re: NCA Cheer Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach