We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in.October

Illinois
Level Contributor
197 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay in.October

We were in Daytona Beach for a long weekend last year in late Oct and stayed at the Mayan Inn. It was ok for a weekend but we are thinking of returning for a week this year about the same time. We loved that area but would like to stay in a place with an efficiency also would like a pool. I received an excellent price at the Ocean Court and found excellent reviews on here but it seems a little far down the beach. Any suggestions? Or would you recommend just going with the Ocean Court?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,619 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay in.October

Check for the timing of Biketoberfest.

You can check out the Ocean Court Motel, a bit, by using Google Street View, which has excellent imagery, including from the beach ramp adjoining the motel. I suspect it will be closed in October.

While the Ocean Court isn't close to the Boardwalk, it's also in an area that should be relatively free of panhandlers and such.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay in.October

Ocean Court is "English-Owned" and theowners are v cute... although the resort is somewhat smaller and I do not believe they have kitchens etc...and I think any balconies face south...

I recommend checking out the following locations for these reasons....

1.) oceanfront rooms w/ nice - prvate or semi priovate balconies.

2.) indoor pools, and or hot tubs

3.) best outdoor patios - pools etc..

4.) kitchens - larger rooms - save $$$ when travling by eating in....

That is why I recommend these resorts.....

1.) OCean Walk Resort

2.) Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center

3.) Hawaiian Inn Resort ( next to Ocean Court)

I also encourage you to try vrbo-dot-com or one of the many on line sites for booking directly from owners.

Renata

Edited: 23 April 2013, 19:18
Illinois
Level Contributor
197 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay in.October

We are not planning.to arrive until Oct 21 the day biketoberfest is to end. I guess I am a bit confused because the mailing we received from Ocean Court says efficiency rooms with a full kitchen and the pictures show kitchens. Also I thought I read something about "well stocked kitchens" in the reviews on here. An indoor pool is not important to me however having places nearby to eat is important as is being right on yje beach and a kitchenette. I do remember seeing a hotel a few spaces south of the Mayan Inn that offered efficacy rooms and low weekly and monthly rates.

Thank you for your recommendations. I will check out those hotels.

Illinois
Level Contributor
197 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay in.October

I really like the what I have found on the Hawaiian Inn site. Does anyone know anything about the Cabana Colony Cottages?

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay in.October

There are NO hotels in Daytona Beach that close in the month of October!

The Ocean Court is a great place to stay and the owners are very friendly. They do have kitchen units and direct beach views.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,619 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay in.October

Looks like I wrote badly. I was guessing that the car ramp to the beach would be closed in October, not the adjoining motel. Sorry.

Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay in.October

We've stayed at the Ocean Court three times, simply because it's very clean and has a kitchen that is stocked, a barbeque grill, very clean pool, oceanside rooms. It's right on the beach too! It's a very short walk to the Boardwalk where there are restaurants and a movie theatre, ice cream, and a few carnival like activities. It's the only place we stay in Daytona. There is also a tiki hut for shade while watching the ocean and world go by.

Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to stay in.October

We've stayed at the Ocean Court three times, simply because it's very clean and has a kitchen that is stocked, a barbeque grill, very clean pool, oceanside rooms. It's right on the beach too! It's a very short walk to the Boardwalk where there are restaurants and a movie theatre, ice cream, and a few carnival like activities. It's the only place we stay in Daytona. There is also a tiki hut for shade while watching the ocean and world go by. AND THEY LET US PRINT OUR AIRLINE TICKETS FOR FREE IN THE OFFICE AND WOULD NOT TAKE A TIP.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to stay in.October

Why not a condo? Many to rent. Check out VRBO, homeaway or flipkey. That's what we did last October.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to stay in.October

That time of the year - the kids are in school and anywhere will ne slower than normal..

Have you found a place Mary Beth ??

Renata