We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Bay Resort

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Bay Resort

We may have the opportunity to go to Daytona Beach in November, after Thanksgiving. The resorts we can choose between are: Daytona Beach Regency, Atlantic Terrace, Daytona Resort & Club, Grand Seas Resort (have not read good things), Marine Terrace, and Palm Bay Resort. I can find nothing on TA about the Palm Bay Resort. Does anyone know anything about it? Or have suggestions about the others? Normally, we vacation in the summer at New Smyrna Beach but thought Daytona might be a nice change.

Mentioned in this post
Daytona Beach Regency
Daytona Beach Regency
468 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Resort & Club
Daytona Resort & Club
37 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Grand Seas Resort
Grand Seas Resort
1,416 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Bay Resort

We have never stayed at the Daytona Beach Regency, but the location is excellent. You are within walking distance of the pier, boardwalk and Ocean Walk Shoppes.

Mentioned in this post
Daytona Beach Regency
Daytona Beach Regency
468 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Bay Resort

After doing more research, we are leaning toward Daytona Beach Regency, it has some of the better reviews and best location. Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned in this post
Daytona Beach Regency
Daytona Beach Regency
468 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Bay Resort

I thought I knew the name of almost every lodging around Daytona Beach, but I never heard of a Palm Bay Resort around here - so you got my curiosity up. A little Google searching, and it seems that the name traces back to Perennial Vacation Club (a timeshare?) located at 2525 South Atlantic Ave. in Daytona Beach Shores. Maybe it is a secondary name they use, or a name change is in progress.

Sometimes lodgings will change names after an ownership or management change.

Mentioned in this post
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Bay Resort

Hi. What other research have you found about Daytona Beach Regency- we are booked for the wyndham but the reviews are horrible.. thinking about switching to DBR- but we have a family of 4 and seems like we will have less room. thoughts? thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Daytona Beach Regency
Daytona Beach Regency
468 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
DAB
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Bay Resort

"Grand Seas Resort (have not read good things),"

I know for a fact that the Grand Seas Resort hires ex-offenders (cons) from our pre-release center here in Daytona.

Many other Hotels & Restaurants in the Daytona area do (tax break), even so much that on the local news they were bragging about it.

Just be aware.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Seas Resort
Grand Seas Resort
1,416 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Bay Resort

No wonder I could not get a job there!

I have to pay a visit to Hotel-92 first?

DAB
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Bay Resort

"I have to pay a visit to Hotel-92 first?"

No that's the County Jail, pre-release center is for the hardened cons from the State Prisons (all over the State), most of whom I've eyeballed and talked too appeared to have done 'hard time' of 10+ years.

Many business's do hold "There's 1,000 applications just waiting to take your job" over employees heads around here.

Just be aware

R.I.P. Bud Asher 1925 - 2013

8. Re: Palm Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:17