We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Mary, Florida
Level Contributor
158 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

Was thinking of a short visit in July, probably a Sunday thru Tuesday. Is the Hilton a good location in proximity of things to do on on or near the beach? Is there a boardwalk amusement park nearby? Kind of like Seaside Heights in NJ? Need to keep my kids busy. Lying on the beach gets old with them fast!

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

The Hilton is always my first choice if the rates are reasonable. And, it's the closest place to the most stuff. I don't recall going to any non-chain restaurants around there, but there are a few. It's also in a complex with a movie theater, water park and a couple of arcades. I've never been to the boardwalk at Sea Side Heights, but my impression is that at least the older section of the boardwalk is pretty much the same.

For really cool restaurants, take a look at The Hidden Treasure Rum Bar and Inlet Harbor down in Ponce Inlet. And, consider heading over to the speedway for a tour and possibly turning a couple of laps.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

There is a little shopping mall sandwiched between the Hilton and Wyndham, called Ocean Walk Shoppes. There are some chain restaurants and a movie theater in the shopping mall. The Boardwalk and Pier are miniature compared with the ones in NJ (former Jersey boy myself).

There are some other things to do up and down Atlantic Avenue (the beach avenue) like miniature golf. A day trip to Ponce Inlet may be fun for the kids, with the Marine Science Center and top of the Lighthouse to visit.

orlando
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

We love Caribean Jacks it is kid friendly and they have great outdoor seating over the water and usually good music playing.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34172-d64…

Edited: 12 July 2013, 17:25
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

Agree with Caribbean Jack's, also like Bay Street Seafood Mkt & Deli

5. Re: Activities and good reasonable restaurants not chains.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:20