We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Hello, I am new here. I see many of you are from Ohio also *waving*

My parents gave us a week in their timeshare and we chose the fairfield oceanwalk beacue it was close to things to walk to.

We have three kids ages 2-6-8 and are having some friends share the trip to make it more affordable. They have kids ages 6-8.

Any info anyone has on the condo and that area would be greatly appreciated. We don't go until the first week of Aug. and will have limited funds but I am excited after reading all your posts.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

We always stay at Ocean Walk.My favorite place to stay in Daytona Beach.

We live not to far from you.Near Kings Island.I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the resort.

There is plenty to do at the resort without even leaving the property.It is very relaxing.

How many bedrooms are you getting?

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Wow, I am very close to you! Hello neighbor!! we are close to 20 mile stand.

it is only a one bedroom but it says 4 occ/4private. there will be more than 4 staying in it but most of those kids. Do you know if that is a large enough one for 4 adults/ 5 small children? We can't change the room, they don't have any two bedrooms available that week but I just don't want to be squished.

Is there any snorkeling nearby?

What kind of things for younger (6-8) children do they have?

Is there anything you recommend to definately do? or definately pass on?

Thank you so much for any info you have.

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Oh, I'm sorry, one more question....is the monday morning informational meeting worth going to?

I know I have heard that they give out coupons for area restaurants and seeing as how we are planning to eat out for every dinner it would be great to have some but I don't want to sit for 4 hours...LOL

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

I would not recommend that many people in a one bedroom condo.Does the condo have 2 doubles in the bedroom and a pullout sofa in living room?If so even then it would be tight.You should utilize the kitchen because you will save tons of money by eating in.Burger King is across the street.

I have never been to the meeting before so I can not help you there.Snorkling is not done on the east coast of Florida.So there is no snorkling.The water is not clear like on the Gulf side.I am not sure what your budget is like.so Maybe If I had some idea i could help with that.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

I was there last August and it's pretty hot and humid so I would bring lots of water and sun screen, also for some attractions try the various mini putts around the area, they have diffirent ones, you can also take a walk on the board walk and play in the arcades with your kids. I would also take a trip out to Ponce Inlet and visit the light house, people usually find this fun and you guy can also go to the NASCAR museum they have lots of interesting things in there!

Hope I could help,

Pibb,

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Thanks for all the info.

The condo had a king in the bedroom and a queen pullout.

We were going to put my family (5) in the bedroom and the other two adults on the pullout couch with her kids on the floor ( 2 boys ages 6-8)

We were given this vacation as a present and we have to share with this family to be able to even afford it, unfortunately.

We will have around $700 each family after gas expenses.

Daytona
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Yor timeshare unit will have a king bed in a one bedroom.

Do you have a one bedroom suite or a one bedroom deluxe.

With timeshare Oceanwalk has two types of 1 bedroom units.

The one bedroom suite is a B unit and does not have a balcony nor

does it have a view of the outside world.

The 1 bedroom deluxe will have a balcony and can be ocean view/ city view/ or ocean front. If your parents have a VIP status of Gold or Platinum they can request a certain view with reservations only. If they do not have a VIP status of Gold or Platinum then it is luck of the draw to receive a ocean front/ocean view room. Timeshare reservations does assign all room numbers when you call and make a reservation.

You may want to check with your parents to find what kind of one bedroom they have booked!

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Thank you!

They have timeshare through RCI but they can get the fairfield. The week they had was a two bedroom but there were no 2 bedrooms open when I booked. The week I got just came open minutes before I got it and they said you better jump because they go fast and RCI can only book (each person) once every three years.

I am pretty sure it is a deluxe because it says 4 occ/4 private and full kitchen.

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

Do all the one bedrooms with a full kitchen have a seperate tub and shower? It says we have the jaccuzi tub..... Thank you, sorry to ask so many questions. You all are so nice to answer them and lots of help to me!

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
930 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone stayed at the fairfield oceanwalk?

I have attended the presentation for the Fairfield. The information/lecture part is about 1 hour and then they want to sit with you and discuss buying. When you refuse they send you to another area to wait and then you meet with a "high pressure" guy who is actually pretty insolent. Then they send you to a room to get your meal coupon. We got the one for Inlet Harbor for $25.00 and it was a nice to have. I guess if you feel like being up front and at the end of the presentation you could just demand your coupon and get out of there. (they also take you on a 20 minute tour of the place, but I can't remember if that is before or after the presentation)

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach
Recent Conversations