We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speedos

Illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Speedos

What is the beach attire in the daytona area, can my wife wear a skipping bikini and me a pair of speedos

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speedos

There really isn't a dress code, I ALWAYS just wear my trunks, but i've seen people on the beach where speedos, but I am really not a fan of them =s. But go ahead wear what you want.

Pibb,

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speedos

Okay, I'll take this one. First of all the Daytona area is very family friendly. There are a lot of children. Next, most people don't really care what you wear as long as you aren't showing all ya got. I have seen just about everything worn and love to people watch. Good bodies in speedos? Not attractive IMO. Do you and wife plan on getting in the ocean? Your attire won't stand up to the waves.

I am not familar with skipping bikinis, where do they go? Could not resist. Maybe south beach Miami is more your fashion style.

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
929 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speedos

I agree with mr pibb and teachersue: Daytona is a fashion statement area! However, people do weat whatever they feel comfortable in. In fact, that is what I like most there is that people wear what they like and no one cares what they look like. In the downtown area you will find more young people with skimpier beachwear. There is a nude beach down at the National Seashore, if you like.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speedos

Have you decided on a place to wear that speedo and skipping bikini yet? Well, if you still want to know I have seen 3 speedos in the past 24 hours here in Daytona Beach Shores. Should those people be wearing them, IMO, NO! But to each their own. The ladies of the speedo men were not wearing bikinis, but full one piece suits. Just curious does the queen like the speedo? I find a nice pair of trunks much "hotter" than a speedo, but that is my opinion. Good luck finding that romantic beach, romance is what you make of it. We are having fun and romance in Daytona and we still have 2 weeks left!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Speedos

I have seen speedos too at Daytona. On weekends the younger locals seem to go down closer to the Boardwalk area and I have seen some really skimpy bikinis and a few thongs there but so far no one has been topless, LOL. Call me old fashioned if you want but I prefer regular trunks and one or two piece.. I don't wear a bikini because I don't like most of my body showing, hubby would never stand for it LOL and would not look attractive in one anyway. Now I am curious... what is a skipping bikini?

Punz

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Speedos

2 Weeks Teachrsue! Lucky! Hope your still having fun!

Pibb,

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Speedos

I hope BeachKing meant a skimpy bikini, which you definately see plenty of on the beach (my own daughters in fact!) - but to me personally, there's nothing better than a man in a pair of well fitting swim trunks, with all muscles well oiled - whew, I better hush!

Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
824 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Speedos

Yikes... am I going to have to report you people to TA for inappropriate post??? LoL....Ban Grape Smugglers!!!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Speedos

ROFL, grape smugglers......hotandsandy have a great time on the beach this weekend and beware......They are out there!

Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
824 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Speedos

LoL...thanks for the heads-up teach! No pun intended. You think TA will allow that? Lol!!!