We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Shells Beach Club

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
Sea Shells Beach Club

Has anyone stayed here? What is it like? Any info would be great.

We can stay here for 100.00 for a week.

What is the weather like toward the end of August?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Shells Beach Club

Hey, I dont' think I've been to this place, but I can tell you about the weather, I was there last year in August and I left on September 4th, The weather is usually Hot, Hot, Hot and Very Humid so I STRONGLY reccomend that you bring umbrella's, and lot's of sunscreen, Enjoy your stay at one of the Best Beach's in the world!

And when you get back can you please post a trip report? I would like to know what you thought of Daytona! Have a great trip!

Pibb,

Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Shells Beach Club

My son and some of his friends stayed there for spring break in March and the condo was nice; the unit they had was a time share, it depends on what your looking for. The boys said there were mostly older people there and they called the office on them quite a bit but they were on spring break so there is no telling what was going on LOL

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
929 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Shells Beach Club

I have not stayed there but it looks decent on the outside. Anyway for $100 give it a try. I

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Shells Beach Club

Don't forget that late August/early September is the peak of hurricane season as well. Not that its definite that one may hit, but the likelihood of one is at it's greatest possibility during that time.

The Daytona Beach barrier island got slammed by three different hurricanes in 2004 and the place will never be the same again.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Shells Beach Club

Hey kat's, Last year I went during the end of August and I was lucky, every single day it was nice and sunny except one day of my 14 day stay. It was funny because the year before that I went in October and It was beautiful aswell and when my sister came up the week after me on both occasion's either a hurricane hit or it rained everyday.

I remember last year in August when I left, Hurricane Ophelia (I think it was) hovered around Daytona in the ocean for days so they got nothing but rain.

I guess I got lucky =D

Pibb,

6. Re: Sea Shells Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 14:16