We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Topic
What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

Hello all,

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's favorite thing to see on the beach was. I like watching a lot of the different activity there but I get a real kick out of seeing the pelicans dive down for a fish, lol.

Bonnie

loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

Its been a few years since We've been but I always got a kick out of those little birds that follow the edge of the water to eat?

Thye look so funny when the wave comes in because they have to run sooo fast! LOL

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

This trip we are on the drive beach. It is quite interesting watching cars get stuck in the sand and have to be pushed or towed out by beach patrol. It reminds me of cars getting stuck in the snow. We also get a kick out of watching the lifeguard when it is time to go off duty. He or she wastes no time dragging that huge chair up to the soft sand, packing up and taking off. Finally watching those fishing from the beach and catching nothing but seaweed. I have yet to see anyone catch a fish! I could go on, there is so much to see and it is all good!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

When we were there I saw a guy pull in a pompano and 2 baby sharks while fishing in the surf. It was down closer to Ormond.

Bonnie aka Punz

Mansfield, OH
Level Contributor
62 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

When we were there in June, my husband and I would go for a walk in the early mornings and watch the sunrise. How magnificent!!!! The picture I have for my i.d. is one that I took there. I also found the cars, trucks, ATV, etc. driving on the beach fun to watch. One day I laughed at the ice cream truck driving down the beach....it was playing Christmas music. I guess it was "Christmas in June (not July) LOL We sure miss the beach!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

Yes the sunrise is absolutely beautiful. As it comes up and reflects out over the ocean it looks like a golden pathway to heaven, awesome!

Bonnie

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
929 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

I agree with punz that I have seen a lot of fish caught from the beach in Ormond with lots of it going on early in the morning. By the way punz, it is up by Ormond, not down!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

Chip,

Well I'll tell you, when I am in Daytona I am having such a good time sometimes I forget which way is up and which way is down. LOL!

Punz

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

chip and punz, guess I need to head up to Ormond to see some fish being caught! I watched a group fishing just last night and only one caught anything and it was not a "keeper."

Just saw a group of dolphins heading south, they were in quite close, but the tide is very high today for high tide. It is cloudy and not much wind so the the calm ocean allowed them to be very visible. I am in unless the sun comes back out, it is thundering and quite dark. Oh well, I got in some beach time this morning!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

teachrsue,

Sounds like you are getting in some rays. How is the tan coming? Just take any of the beach access up closer to Ormond around 6 ish (PM) and see if you can find anyone surf fishing. That is when and where we saw them catching pompano and baby sharks. Others places along the beach we saw them fishing but like you said not any keepers. You know how it goes, sometimes you can fish all day and not catch a thing, LOL

Punz

Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite thing you see on Daytona Beach?

There are too many to list. The little kids, including my own, playing in the surf - especially when they run from the water. The sound of and smell of the ocean is so relaxing. Dolphins jumping. Dark clouds during a storm - the different shapes and the way they move - still amazes me. I can't wait....19 more days and I will be walking on the beach...