We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cottage directly on beach

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cottage directly on beach

I'm looking for a small cottage directly on the beach, as private as possible. Anything out there? I did find Oceanfront Cottages with Fully Equipped Kitchens, but it's required to spend 5 nights there. This would only be for one night.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cottage directly on beach

Many rentals require a multi night stay, as they stand to lose money renting one night at a time like hotels do. What sites are you look on? VRBO and AirBnB are both pretty good. And I'm not sure you'll find "as private as possible" in Daytona Beach as I understand the entirety of the beach of developed into hotels and condos.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cottage directly on beach

I don't know of many short term rental cottages right along the beach and I'd imagine there are very few rental homes in general because most places like that have been torn down to make way for hotels and condos.

The only place I think I've seen something like that is Perry's Ocean Edge. Looking on the satellite picture they seem to have several cottages on the North side of their property. But, looking at their website I can't see where they say anything about them. You might try giving them a call.

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cottage directly on beach

I'll give it a shot - thank you!

Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cottage directly on beach

Tropical Manor has some cottages. I've never stayed there, but have always wanted to give it a try. The reviews are very good.

5. Re: Looking for cottage directly on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28