We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Went away for Labor Day - thanks for hurricane thoughts!

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
824 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Went away for Labor Day - thanks for hurricane thoughts!

Just rain as everyone knows. I was shocked that the whole town shut down for a day or two. Better safe and prepared I suppose. Thanks to all for your thoughts.

Karen

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Went away for Labor Day - thanks for hurricane thoughts!

Hotandsandy, I'm sure glad Daytona was spared this year! (I don't think my pocketbook could handle another "special assessment" from our condo!) But seriously, I would absolutely hate to have seen all of the hard work that's gone on in the last couple of years go down the drain - even with all the construction, Daytona's still the best place in the world!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Went away for Labor Day - thanks for hurricane thoughts!

Hey hotandsandy, I'm glad everyone is O.K., I had relatives staying there in 2004 after we went and they have a young son, and people in the town were saying to get out of town as Hurricane Jean was coming to hit, they ended up going to Tampa.

But this is the problem! When they go to Tampa, Hurricane Jean had changed courses and ended up not going to Daytona, but Tampa Bay! So they were stuck in the eye of the storm!

I am glad everything is O.K.!

Pibb,

3. Re: Went away for Labor Day - thanks for hurricane thoughts!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 13:20