We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

South Jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

Tell me about this place. Looks like a fun spot more than a good restaurant. How some recommendations on some good local seafood restarurants.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

Good Bands - Good Food - Good Location.

We have enjoyed this place many times during our stays in Daytona.

Renata

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

This place is great, that offers great foods and great atmosphere. It's very delicious and i'm sure if you go you will not be disapointed.

Pibb,

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
930 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

I was like you.....I thought it was just a tourist/party spot. So finally, this past summer we had lunch there on a weekday. We sat outside and loved the view and we liked the food a lot. My boyfriend is an expert on seafood sandwiches and he thought the grouper sandwich was as good as he ever had. Fresh seafood and great atmostphere. make sure you stop by.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

Maybe we made a bad choice going in the evening this time of year. We were looking forward to the scene and the food and drinks. We went there 11/15. The place was pretty dead. I realize that last week was probably a dead week in Daytona, but we expected better from this place. Service was good, but not much going on anyway. The grouper sandwich was poor, tasteless. Chalk it up to wrong night, wrong time of year.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

Did you find a local seafood restaurant that you liked??

Renata

South Jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

The one we enjoyed the most in the Daytona Beach area was the Inlet Harbour Rest. We timed it to get there right before sunset on the Halifax River. It was a good night. The outside deck overlooking the river was crowded. The grouper sandwich was moist and tasty. It was the best grouper of 4 different servings I had during the week. My wife had the Cod and hers was the same. It was better than expected. The Conch Fritter appetizer was also very good. Service was excellant as well as the drinks.

7. Re: Ocean Deck - is it the food or the atmosphere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 11:21