We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back!

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
miami
Level Contributor
414 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back!

My DH & I just returned from Daytona Beach. We went for the Turkey Run and it was a lot of fun. We stayed at the Acapulco, which was nice. The only complaint I have is that when we arrived they had given our room to someone else with our same last name and we got stuck in a smoking room. The room did not smell bad but once you turned on the bathroom extractor you were able to smell it. Thank God it was only for one night & my DH being a smoker was ok with it. Other than that it was a nice room w/a comfortable bed. All rooms have views of the ocean. It is quiet a ways away from where the action is but it's nice & quiet. We drove & parked in the parking garage to watch the cars drive down the strip & it was fun. We had dinner at Brians Grill, which had good reviews on this site & I am happy to say that everything we had was very good & inexpensive. We had the greek cheese for starters, the vodka penne, & a medium pizza. I had not been to Daytona for a few years & it has changed a lot, with a lot of new buildings & many more being built.

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
927 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back!

Glad you have a good time. I agree that Daytona is changing a lot and that it continues to be moving forward. It upsets me when people say that Daytona is a dump because it is not and most of the hotels are upgrading and most of the ratty ones are gone. It continues to expand and now has moved north to include Destination Daytona. The new boardwalk area will be a nice upgrade also.

I hope to experience the Turkey Run and all the special events someday. when I retire!

I will be there in 3 weeks and can't wait. Christmas in Daytona is very nice.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Daytona Beach! Yes it sure has changed quite a bit, with all the condo's being built, and all the old motels being tore down, in a couple of years, it's going to be a whole new experience when you go there.

Pibb,

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back!

Who is DH ---

Darned Husband (??)

rock falls il
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back!

LOL glad you asked renata was wondering the same thing!!! I THOUGHT MAYBE DEAR HUSBAND

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back!

both are right DH is for whatever mood fits! LOL

6. Re: Just got back!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 05:21