We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytona

ontario
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Daytona

I am travelling from Ontario Canada to Daytona at the end of this month.I wasn't aware of different areas such as the shores.I thought Daytona was just one spot.We are looking for a place to stay on the beach that is also kid friendly.Any suggestions.I am considering The Shores Resort and Spa so far.Thank You.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytona

Daytona is a "metro" area with little cities clustered around Daytona Beach. South Daytona and Daytona Beach Shores have related names to Daytona Beach itself. Other cities close by are Ormond Beach, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, and Holly Hill.

The Shores Resort is very nice, it is probably the "top shelf" property in Daytona Beach Shores. Another possibility you could look at is the Sun Viking Lodge, also in Daytona Beach Shores.

If you want to look at Daytona Beach, the top properties on the beach would probably by the Fairfield-Ocean Walk and the Hilton.

ontario
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytona

Thank you for the help.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytona

The Hilton is a good place in Daytona Beach Shores, yes it get's quite confusing will all of the county's

Pibb,

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytona

In your list of sections above, don't forget the little community of Wilbur By the Sea.

florida
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytona

when I go to the Daytona Beach, I stay at the Daytona Bahama House, daytonabahamahouse.com. The rooms are nice and of good size, but the views are breathetaking. You can go out on the balcony, see the sunrise, relax and take in the ocean atmosphere all day and all night long. it is a nice place to get away and relax.

6. Re: Daytona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach