We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on the drive ot Key West????

Kansas State
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Info on the drive ot Key West????

Driving from Delray to Key West and I have heard rumors that it takes 8 hours and it is bumper to bumper and not worth the trip.

Does anyone know the scoop on the drive to Key West?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
glasgow
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on the drive ot Key West????

Drove from Boca to key west last april 6hours but had a couple of stops on the way one near homestead for nike store and another for lunch half way.

Holmdel, NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on the drive ot Key West????

I have driven from Delray to 'the Keys' and it took no where near 8 hours and the traffice wasn't bad at all. I suppose it would depend on the time of year you're going, it is still considered season I believe.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond, VA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on the drive ot Key West????

* hrs - nahh! try about 5.5 when traffic is good. Take Sawgrass Tpike around Miami. Don't drive on Friday or Sunday (lots of weekend traffic) or, God forbid, a holiday weekend like Memorial Day or July 4th. Other than that it is an awsome drive with the Atlantic on your left and the Gulf of Mexico on your right, cool places to stop that are still old FL style. One of the most beoutiful drives in the U.S. imho. Go conky tonkin' to KW - you'll have a good time. Enjoy!! Scott (formerly of Lake Worth, FL, Palm Beach county)

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
215 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on the drive ot Key West????

How about the drive from Fort Myers airport to Delray Beach?

Later in the week (on a Friday in late June) we'd be driving from Delray to Key Largo. Any idea on how long those two trips would take?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Key Largo
Key Largo
Florida Keys, FL
5. Re: Info on the drive ot Key West????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Delray Beach