We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delray Beach - New Years Eve recommendations

Which Delray Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
long island , new...
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Delray Beach - New Years Eve recommendations

just booked flights for dec 2013 from NY to Florida and starting search for fun place to take my kids on new years eve and make reservation.

I heard delray is the place to go . Is there a main strip area in Delray ? Is it on the beach ?

I hear they have street entertainment and fireworks ? Any details appreciated what events / music ? /location / time wise etc

fun, not too expensive, any kind of food. my kids are 15 and 17.

thanks for suggestions

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delray Beach - New Years Eve recommendations

NYE on Atlantic Ave. is cordoned off for many blocks with lots of activities for family and party goers. Live music, magic, face painting and much more with a midnite fireworks show. Delray Beach has an excellent beach with nice sand and rental cabanas with umbrellas. The nightlife is entertaining with many restaurants and more. There are good hotels recommended on TA. We had reservations for Tremonte last year for the late sitting, very nice Italian five course meal with champagne. The past two winters have been above average for weather so we did not even need light coats on NYE.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delray Beach - New Years Eve recommendations

NYE on Atlantic Ave. is cordoned off for many blocks with lots of activities for family and party goers. Live music, magic, face painting and much more with a midnite fireworks show. Delray Beach has an excellent beach with nice sand and rental cabanas with umbrellas. The nightlife is entertaining with many restaurants and more. There are good hotels recommended on TA. The past two winters have been above average for weather so we did not even need light coats on NYE. We liked Luna Rosa, Boston's on the Beach, located right on Ocean St. Across from the beach. Also recommend Kilwin's for ice cream or Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt self serve or Ben and Jerry's, too. There is a Philly steak sub place that is an outside place that has a great traditional sub. Also a few pizza places, and all the way down near Swinton st. Is a local burger place that is very reasonable. The events for next year have not yet been published so wait a bit and keep your website watching for Delray Beach. Also if you have a car, recommend Lion Country Safari near West Palm Beach inland.

long island , new...
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delray Beach - New Years Eve recommendations

thanks for suggestions will check out ... not looking for fancy expensive 5 course meal. just myself and my 2 teenage kids - they like good food, party atmosphere of the town sounds perfect and late seating so we can see fireworks at midnight . I was not sure what time they did the fireworks. I assume they go off over the water/ beach ?

are the restaurants you mentioned ( which I will check out) - luna rosa, bostons right in the middle of the section that is cordoned off so we can park someplace and just walk. also orange leaf froz yogurt located right there in that area ? also want place that takes reservations for sure.

i was in florida in naples new years eve 2 years ago and yes gorgeous weather. lets hope next dec is also. we were supposed to go down next week but hurricane sandy here in ny now has our presidents week break back in school session and had to cancel trip. :(

my parents live in boca and we are also going down to marathon in the keys for a few days in december - it is a nice 2 week long school break...my kids are past the age for the safari - any other suggestions for 15 and 17 yr olds great ... we have done quite a bit thru the years visiting SE florida .

thanks for suggestions.

4. Re: Delray Beach - New Years Eve recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Delray Beach