We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delray outdoor activities

Which Delray Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sarasota, fl
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Delray outdoor activities

My husband and I are looking to take a quick 3 night trip to Delray with our 12 year old daughter. Marriott and Colony have availability. We live on Gulf Coast and need to escape our "season" madness for someone else's! I don't know Delray but it seems more low key and casual than Miami or West Palm, which are where we usual go. Is the town bike friendly this time of year or are there any bike trails near by? Is there any kayaking or paddle boarding in vicinity or available for rental from the beach? Just looking for some outdoor activity beyond swimming in the pool all day.

Thank you for any thoughts!

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delray outdoor activities

definitely not low key. lots of snowbirds. terrible drivers.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delray outdoor activities

I'm probably too late for the trip you posted about, but perhaps this could be of help for future...

I disagree with the above comment. I think Delray can be very low key! Especially if you are staying on or near the Avenue (Atlantic Avenue) and the beach. You are in an ideal location to walk everywhere, thus no need to drive. The Avenue has every choice of restaurant you could possibly want, the beach has all the water sports and rentals you could possibly want, and we have two miles of a multi-award-winning beach!

If you do find that you'd like to venture out further than walking distance, we have a free trolley car that cruises Atlantic Avenue, from the beach westward to the Tri-Rail and we also have the electric golf carts: Delray Downtowner which offers free rides anywhere downtown including the grocery store.

I think Delray Beach is the perfect low-key, laid back beach vacation! :-)

Danika Dahl

http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com

3. Re: Delray outdoor activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Delray Beach