We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any suggestions.....

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
any suggestions.....

for a bar to go dancing?? We are going to Destin this weekend and my friend wants to go dancing. I've been to a few places but none that really played good dance music. any suggestions??

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any suggestions.....

I may be a generation out for agreeing on a definition of "good dance music" but I've done some dancing at the Ocean Club at the entrance to Tops'l Resort. Check their website and/or give them a call.

http://www.oceanclubdestin.com/

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any suggestions.....

How is Fudpuckers on Friday night?? I've been before but it was during the week and there was a parrothead convention going on.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any suggestions.....

As a member of the local Parrot Head chapter I can attest to the Parrot Heads being at Fuds once a month. We are usually all gone by nineish (we are the 3rd largest out of over 100 chapters with more than 700 members - http://ecparrotheads.org )

Black Eyed Blonde is the house band at Fuds for the younger generation that start coming out around 10:00. We've seen them a couple of times (good band) and the dance floor does fill up with 21-30 year olds.

The younger crowds (under 30) dance at Nite Town and The Swamp. All ages dance at AJs later in the evening. There are also a couple of bars with dancing at Baytowne Wharf.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: any suggestions.....

I had a great time at the Swamp, but you may freeze your butt off there this weekend. I would say Nightown would be good and loud for you. Just listen to 98 Rocks when you get there and they will tell what is happening.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any suggestions.....

It was very cold this weekend. We ended up going to Hog's Breath. Dinner was not good but they had a great band later....I think they were called the Lucky Bucks. We are going back to Destin in May so we will probably hit some of the outdoor bars then.

JoeMammy - the parrotheads look like they know how to have a good time. We had fun just watching everyone. When we went they were showing a slide show from Crab Island and someone threw a bra on stage. I also have a picture with what we called the parrot head guy. He gave us beads and had a big funky hat on.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any suggestions.....

No doubt the PHs know how to party. Our motto is "Party with a Purpose". All of our events raise money for local charities. Last weekend we won the people's choice award for the annual chili cookoff and this past weekend we marched in the Navarre Mardi Gras parade.

Nothing like grown men in grass skirts and coconut bras dancing in the conga line. 8>}

Incidentally, everyone is invited to all of our events. If you are visiting you are always welcome to join in the fun. You can see a schedule here:

http://ecparrotheads.org/

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any suggestions.....

Too bad we don't live closer or we'd just join!

8. Re: any suggestions.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 11:20