We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choose a new condo!!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help choose a new condo!!

We are looking at a couple of new condos due to taking our dog with us. These are the only ones we could find with a good beach view that are pet friendly. We are looking at Majestic Sun, Maravilla, and Sandestin Beachside. I am leaning toward Majestic Sun because of the indoor pool. I have read about security issues and really high prices on chair rental though. Sandestin would be great because it is actually gulf front but it seems as if it would be so crowded and it is pretty expensive. I worry about traffic noise for Maravilla and Majestic Sun. How far are these two from each other?

champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
250 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

I am not sure about the prices but I want you to know that Sandestin has fireworks on the beach that might scare your dog. Good luck!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

bump

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

Street noise is not an issue at either Maravilla or Majestic Sun. The road in front is a small two lane road, slow traffic.

I am really surprised any of these units allow pets most don't. Congrats on locating them!!!

You should be familiar with the beach / dog laws. Okaloosa county does not allow dogs on the beach at all. Walton county requires a permit and I think you can only get a permit if you are a permanent resident.

JoeMammy may know a little more about that.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

We don't want to take him to the beach. He is too little, he would sink into the sand and get lost. He has gained wait though, he is up to 5#. We just don't like to board him.

Thanks Semco! You are always a big help.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

Should be weight not wait. I wish you could correct your posts!!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

We have stayed at Maravilla because my friend had to bring her two little dogs with us. We loved it there. I was worried about the smell of the condo since it was pet friendly but it was very clean.

7. Re: Help choose a new condo!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 09:22