We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! trying to choose between 4 places

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TXJ
Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help! trying to choose between 4 places

We are trying to narrow down our choices. The condo's we are looking at are at Ciboney, Amalfi, Caribbean Dunes and Maravilla. Any advice would be great. Which are closest to the beach? It is hard to tell from the pics. Just started looking at Ciboney some of the condos seem to have a pretty good beach view. Is it a nice place? Amalfi and Maravilla look newer. I wish they had smell-a-vision on VRBO. I can't handle a place that smells old and musty. Well I am beginning to ramble. Any insight to these places would be apprecaited. Reading the old postings helped me narrow it down to these 4 places. Thanks in advance for your help!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

Carribean dunes is pretty close to the beach. As is Maravilla but be careful maravilla is 3 buildings and some are closer that others. we stayed in building 4 which is the farthest away. It was less than a 2 minute walk or maybe a 2-3 min. stroll. Not real sure about the others.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

We've stayed in Maravilla twice and loved it. Both times we were in the building facing the road...i think bldg 2....and had great views.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
400 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

I've stayed at Ciboney, it was ... okay. But we've stayed at Maravilla twice in the past; they've recently had an exterior renovation and updating. That would be my choice, and as the previous stated, try to get in the gulf front building or the gulf end of the two side buildings.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

We have friends that own at Ciboney - if your stay in the low numbers from 01-04 (like 3001 or 2003) you will have a drop dead view of the gulf from almost any place in the unit - kitchen - living room - master bedroom - but if you stay around 3008 - 3014 - you will be looking at Mediterania and have to be out on the balcony to see a side view of the gulf. (Hope that makes sense) Maravilla - front bldg - view to die for as well - back building - not much of a view.

TXJ
Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

Thanks for the info so far. Is Ciboney a fairly nice building or is Maravilla much better?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

TXJ Not sure if you have smaller children. While we are staying in Building 1 in MAravilla. That is the price and bedroom arrangement we likes. Building 3(If yo stay 1st floor)would actually be my choice with kids The grassy area off of patio is great for them and in this building it is behind the gate(less traffic to worry about) and was almost always shady.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
400 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

I'd pick Maravilla over Ciboney. Two pools vs. one, which one of the Maravilla pools faces the gulf. Plus their updates recently make the place look fresh.

TXJ
Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

thanks!

9. Re: Help! trying to choose between 4 places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:17