We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Retreat Cottages

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Retreat Cottages

Hey everyone...

So glad I found this forum... great info. We'll be staying at the Beach Retreat Cottages in late June. Hoping someone can tell me what beach those are by. I know I'll have to cross the street and that we have private beach access. Does anyone know the name of that beach area? What's it like?

Thanks so much! Counting down the days.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

That's generally considered Miramar Beach. I have stayed there if you have any other questions.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

Here is a map of the area. It usually takes a little while to load.

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/2872

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

Based on your rental contract, be sure you factor in the cost of your beach setup. Generally, an umbrella and two chairs goes for $20.00 per day. Your rental arrangement may reduce that depending on what the owner has worked out.

Don't forget your base tan and sunscreen; the sun is at it's hottest in June and the white sand is highly reflective.

One possibility is going for a walk on the beach to the east for lunch and/or a drink at Pompano Joe's; they have beachside service. The renourished beach will be wide and beautiful.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

Thanks for the info. The map was great. I know exactly where that is now. I've been to Destin once before. We're staying in the Beach Retreat Cottages. The cottage is called 'Sea Cove.'

John... you've stayed there, in one of the cottages? Just curious how long the walk to the beach was and what the beach was like while you were there. I'll be there late June. Again... thanks everyone!

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

The walk - about 3-5 minutes depending on the location of the cottage.

As I said, the beach will be wide and beautiful. Going in June there is always the possibility of June grass. Some years it will be worse than others; some years it will be much less, or maybe not at all when you're there. Just realize you have no control over it and enjoy yourself anyway.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

We stayed in the Sea Cove last year very nice. It also has a game system for the kids. Only thing I didn't like was they had hard plastic on the windows and you couldn't see out. Also parking for only 2 cars.

7. Re: Beach Retreat Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 08:18