We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

Jambones is hosting what appears to be a fine spread from 1pm until 7pm at the surprisingly nominable sum of $16.00. Menu begins with crudite, whatever that is, of spiced olives,ve3ggies, pickles, smoked tuna and crackers, followed by sweet potato bisque with bruleed wgite truffle marshmallows, a spinach salad, grilled appples, spiced peanuts,pickled onions,blue cheese, smoked bacon, and a mayhaw vingaigrette. The turkey dinner features pecan wood smoked turkey breast, a rich thyme gravy, classic sage dressing, mashed potatoes,roasted corn, green bean mushroom caserole, and cranberry sauce. Desert is a pumpkin shortcake with ginger snaps and a port wine chocolate glaze. Jambones, clearly, is not your father's bbq joint. Bar will be open all day featuring all the football games with the mosely brown band set to play at 9pm.

casselberry, florida
Level Contributor
638 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

bbq, crudite is french for raw veggies, like an appetizer i think.

what about kenny d's for turkey day??????? did you make it there this time????????

Louisiana
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

My family will be at the beach for Thanksgiving. We ordered our Thanksgiving Dinner from Kenny D's. From all I have heard, we will not be disappointed. My husband wants a chocolate pie added to the table. Any suggestions for best chocolate pie in Destin? Also want to get boiled shrimp and need suggestions for best place to go. Is the weather still chilly?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

we won't be here next week so will not get to celebrate thanksgiving here. keeny d's looks to have an awesome feast for the holiday though. i went there my second day and either something didn't agree with me there, or i didn't agree with something there, and just never got back over that way. i did purchase one of kenny d's new tee shirts, the only one i got this visit, so not to fret!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

otherwise i would have already ordered one of miss gracies cajun turkeys from kenny d's. i think kenny d's does a carry out feast though as jamboones is hosting a sit down feast. which is why i mentioned it. happy turkey day everyone!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

as i sit here trying to finish off this mammouth brownie from the donut hole i want to heartily endorse the things. it's HUGE, has lasted all day despite nibbles here an there from all of us, and what's left i'm never going to be able to polish off. what a brownie! i've been to weddings, my own in fact, and gotten substantially smaller pieces of cake. but i like brownies, even better with ice cream now that is food for thoought! all i need now is whipping cream and a cherry....be right back!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

fresh whipping cream and cherries DO make a difference. wow! what a tasty dessert///mrs bbq knows how to take this little pint of milk and make it into the best whipped cream. i thought it all came in a can with a nozzle. this is really good!

7. Re: Thanksgiving Meal near Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 08:17