We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

Atlanta
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

We're headed down to Destin for the weekend, leaving the day after Thanksgiving and staying through to Monday. Are there any special events in the area that weekend, like Thanksgiving or Christmas events or parades? We've got two little ones (4 and 2) so we're especially interested child-friendly events. :)

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Atlanta
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

I just answered my own question ... A quick look at the calendar of events on the Destin Chamber of Commerce website turned up a lot of good stuff going on next weekend ... the parade in Seaside, the tree lighting at Baytowne Wharf, the showing of Polar Express at Destin Commons. Those were the biggies that I saw on the site. Did I miss anything?

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Destin Commons
Destin Commons
353 Reviews
Destin, FL
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

you might try introducing the little ones to stone crab claws at sexton's seafood. they are excellent, rich and seldom seem to find their way to atlanta. enjoy those beautiful clear clean waters and enjoy tour visit~

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

Better yet, tell the little ones you are going to introduce them to crab claws, make the introductions, then give them chicken fingers and YOU eat the crab claws. No point in wasting crab claws on ones too young to appreciate them. (Or is that what you had in mind, BBQ?)

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,281 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

nope i freely share stone crab claws. i still remember the first one i ever had, and really appreciated the gesture as i had never heard of them before. momma's little baby loves shortnening, shortnening.......

5. Re: Thanksgiving Weekend in Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 13:20