We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pop up Tents

Kentucky
Level Contributor
106 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Pop up Tents

Are the pop up tents allowed on the beach,like the EZ up ones? And can you leave them up overnight? Seems like the last time I was there I saw these up.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pop up Tents

Nothing is allowed to be left on the beach overnight.... otherwise a pop up should be fine!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
106 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pop up Tents

Thanks wouldn't leave it up overnight anyway.

location, location...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pop up Tents

Depends on where you stay. Some condo's strongly discourage them. Others will allow them but set back from the beach so not to obstruct the view.

Keep in mind than that beach front condo's have a private beach that extends to the high tide line.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pop up Tents

It is against the law in Walton County to leave anything on the beach after dusk - public or private.

Walton County has begun enforcing Ordinance No. 2003-07G: It shall be unlawful for

beach chairs, umbrellas, tents and other such personal articles to be on the beach in such a

manner that they interfere with beach maintenance, nesting turtles or emergency vehicles.

Personal items left unattended on the beach from dusk to dawn will be discarded.

Regional public beach accesses and public boardwalks will be cleaned daily.

Other sections of the beach will be cleaned on a rotating basis.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pop up Tents

The private beach issue has not been settled. Most condos do not have a private beach, but pretend like they do.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pop up Tents

too bad the ordinance is not enforced,,hate seeing people's junk floating after tide change

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pop up Tents

i'm sorry i cannot help you here as i'm with chris schencle an enjoy the great taste of beer in a bottle and have had limited experience with pop tops.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pop up Tents

Pop-UP, bbq, not Pop-TOP! You know, like those crazy timers they stick in your bird on Thanksgiveng.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pop up Tents

never mind

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pop up Tents

It is enforced, but more so on 30A.

There is a complaint filed to make them enforce it more in the Miramar Beach Area.