We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

I don't usually comment much on actually staying in a condo even though I have been through many of them. Why? Because we live here so I can't give a fair opin since I rarely spend the night.

However, we just spent 3 fantastic nights in gulffront San Remo just east of 393 in Santa Rosa Beach. Our unit, #203 was a luxuriously furnished 2BR + bunk room. The balcony was huge with a a large round cocktail table that set 4 and a large glass dining table that sat 6. Great views of the gulf and overlooking a large T-shaped pool with perfect water temp.

Excellent wireless signal allowed me to work through the staycation either in the room or poolside. Onsite gym was nice too although we had brought our bikes and enjoyed the 30-A bike path each morning for extended lengthy rides.

There was a beach setup person who sold two chair w/umbrella for $20 per day but we had brought our own chairs and found plenty of private space on the spacious beach.

Mon nite found us at Jambone for rib dinners at the bar- superb! Mon was also 2-for-1 margarita night which we thirstily imbibed.

Tues was Stinkys fried baskets, fish and shrimp. Both very tasty, perfectly breaded and obviously fresh.

I make my own key lime pies by following Nellie and Joes recipe on the side of the bottle (no meringue)which we visited day and nite as well as a large batch of guacamole with blue corn chips for readily available snacking.

We both agreed it makes little sense to travel to other parts of the world for a beach vacation when we already live in paradise. More brief staycations are definitely in order.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

UDAMAN!!!

Glad you found some play time to go with all the work!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

On the side of what bottle. I would be very interested in making my own key lime pie.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice, readily available in most grocery stores around here (at least in Winn Dixie).

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

Just bought a key lime pie from Publix - next time I guess will have to try "my own" Glad you enjoyed your stay - and still managed to make a sale while vacationing!!!!

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

Unless JM is making it, Publix has the BEST Key Lime pie....

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

Thanks for all the info. Made some notes for our next visit. Had a piece of key lime pie from Pompano Joes and it was very tasty. How does theres stack up to your homemade?

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

Last spring, three of us went searching for the best Key Lime pie. We tried Kenny D's, Pompano Joes and others. PJ's and KD's we thought tied for No. 1.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

John seriously valuable info!

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

We even have Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice up here, north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staycation Trip Report - San Remo

So where do you find this key lime juice? Is it in the baking area or the spice area of the grocry store?