We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back - Short Trip Report

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just got back - Short Trip Report

Just returned from a beautiful week in Destin. We stayed in the Destiny East community and loved it. The beach was perfect and while we only had a yellow/red flag all week, about a half mile down to the East (by Captain Dave's), they had a purple flag. We were in the water each day and saw NO pesky sea critters. The water was as perfect as I last remembered.

We ate out more than we had originally planned, but my favorite place was Pompano Joe's. We also ate at dinner at Pat O'Brien's, Fudpuckers (tourist trap, okay food - wouldn't go back), La Taz (i think that was the name of it - it was okay mexican), and Lucky Snapper. Had lunch at The Red Bar in Grayton Beach, and it was really good.

We rode the Seablaster and was one of the highlights of the trip. Definately recommend it.

Played 36holes of golf at BlueWater Bay in Niceville. Thought the course was in great condition and was a very challenging course (for us average golfers). Not much room for error.

There were 6 of us and Destin Taxi worked out great for a night out on one of the nights.

Overall, we couldn't ask for a better trip and better weather.....Now back to the "real" life.......and already missing it!!!

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Great report!!!! Did you play all 4 different 9's at Bluewater??? Hope you got to experience them all!

st. louis
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Yes, we did get to enjoy all (4) courses! I think my favorite was between the Bay and Marsh course. We paid around $90 to play all 36-holes, so we thought it was a great price, considering the location and costs of other courses in the Destin area. We were very happy with choosing BlueWater Bay.

I forgot to add that we did make it to McGuire’s for an Irish Wake (or two!). Everyone we talked to in Destin said their food is amazing, but we never made it there for a meal. I think when we come back down, we will add that to the “To-Do” list.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
400 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Sounds like you had a great trip. We love the Seablaster, even though we've done it for years. Kind of a tradition. And the Mexican place; it's La Paz. And good!

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Thanks so much for the report! Makes our waiting time go faster! We love McGuires! We will be in Destin in 32 days from now! Cant wait! Anyways...about the seablaster...I have seen it alot go by our place. Where do you get on it? AND does it make you seasick at all? THX! BarB Oh yeah, and what is the cost?

st. louis
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Here is the website for the original Seablaster (http://www.seablasterdestin.com/). This should give you all the info you're looking for. It's located behind the Lucky Snapper in the Harbor area. We had a few people in our group that is prone to motion sickness, but had no ill effects from the SeaBlaster trip. Its a very smooth ride (or at least the evening cruise was) so nobody had any issues. They were running spring rates ($20/person) as of last week.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
400 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

And the sunset cruise is free beer and wine... a little watered down, but still.

KS
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Did you enjoy the Seablaster in evening? If so, were there children on board who enjoyed the trip?

st. louis
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

Yes, I would recommend it. It is a kid friendly atmosphere also, as they let the kids drive the boat.

9. Re: Just got back - Short Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 06:20