We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donut Hole

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Broussard, Louisiana
Level Contributor
278 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Donut Hole

Make sure and stop at The Donut Hole (right after crossing the bridge from Fort Walton) for outstanding Key Lime Pie and desserts!

Suffolk
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Donut Hole

After all the recommendations we read on Trippy, we went there while we were in Destin and bought two slices of different cheesecakes, we had one bite of each and put the rest in the trash. After all the hype, it was just a tasteless letdown.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Donut Hole

Trippy ???

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Donut Hole

Can't recall ever seeing any cheesecake hype here, but I may have been tripping.

Donut Hole has had raves about their key lime pie but I personally prefer Joe and Nellies' homemade pie better.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donut Hole

We had breakfast there back in March and were not impressed either. Cracker Barrel is much better and a lot cheaper. Can't say about the desserts as the breakfast was all we cared to experience.

Level Contributor
417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Donut Hole

I also bought a pie there once for company that was coming over. It was bad.... it also went in the garbage.I thought it was just a one time thing!!

vicksburg
Level Contributor
263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Donut Hole

I love their key lime pie and donuts. I once had a Publix key lime pie and it was way too eggy - I was sick for the whole day. Breakfasts are ok - nothing special. I like hashbrowns and they have deep-fried potato chunks - hate em.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Donut Hole

Best and fastest breakfast in Destin is The Silver Shell Restaurant - They take over Harbor Docks in the mornings....

Great view of the harbor and great breakfast!!!

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Donut Hole

Don't you know you have to come to NY for cheesecake? :)

If you are ever in my neck of the woods...or I think they ship as well...Cheesy Eddie's can't be beat. YUM!

http://www.cheesyeddies.com/

Oh, and they have excellent carrot cake. Best I've ever had. But if I had to choose, I'd have the cheesecake. :)

vicksburg
Level Contributor
263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Donut Hole

Where is this Silver Shell Restaurant you are talking about? I'd like to try it. What do you mean, 'they take over Harbor Docks in the morning' - don't get it? I must be missing something there - regardless - I like to try new breakfast places. Thanks.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Donut Hole

Downtown Destin - Harbor Docks, restaurandt-bar. Very near AJ's, on the harbor. In the morning, they're open for breakfast but under the other name, smaller sign on the front of the establishment, I think. Basically, I think it's contracted out, similar to a caterer, but on a full time basis. That make sense? Someone correct me if I got it wrong.