We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hooked on Amberjack!

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma city
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Hooked on Amberjack!

While we were in Destin we ate at the Back Porch. My husband and son had the Amberjack. I had told them about JoeMammy's comments on it and they thought they would try it. They loved it. Unfortunately, we can't get it in Oklahoma. None of the fish markets here have it. My husband is already planning a trip back to Destin so he can get some. Darn the luck!

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

For the right price, I would certainly volunteer to go fishing and catch you some and have it shipped to you....

Joe Mammy surely would volunteer his time too, for the right price...

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

I sacrifice my back to bring up hefty 20lb+ amberjack and the payoff is very, very tasty fish.

Why not just have some shipped to you from Destin Ice Seafood?

http://destinice.com/index.html

Glad you enjoyed it, I know I do. May have some tonite....

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

Oh thanks for the tip. My husband said he looked on the web and couldn't find any place to ship it. I will let him know about that! Your recommendations on this site are priceless. My family wanted to know where I came up with all the tips and info that I had while in Destin. I told them JOE MAMMY!

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

I also took your advice and bought the Key Lime Juice. Made a pie last night for dinner tonight. I will let you know how it was.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

we had some tonight on the grill, it's an excellent full flavored heavy fish that takes to seasoning well. took longer than i had imagined to sear though. kind of caught me by surprise, but it sure was tasty!

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

bbq- did you find some in GA? Or did you have it shipped from Destin Ice?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

gift from a friend who snagged them in the gulf earlier this summer. even good out of the freezer

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

JoeMammy we took your advice on the key lime pies. Made one this weekend and it got rave reviews. I wish I had bought more juice when we were in Destin. I guess we will get that when we go back for more Amberjack.

9. Re: Hooked on Amberjack!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 08:16