We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm back.....

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I'm back.....

Hi gang. It has been a while but Suma's life has settled down and she is ready to resume sharing friendly banter and valuable information on the Destin board. I have missed you!

My oldest son got married in February. I tried to get him to go to Destin for his honeymoon but no; he had to go to Costa Rica. They spent a few nights at Tree Tops (very rustic) and my son had to kill at tarantula in their room! He could have saved the money and had a similar experience at Adagio, right Tex? Anyway they had a great time.

My house at WaterSound Beach is no longer a vacation rental. I have full time renters now so I am out of the vacation rental management business for now. And that definitely frees up a lot of time.

Well, this post will probably get torched soon by the powers that be soon but I wanted to post it anyway to say hello.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm back.....

Welcome Back - I was just thinking about you the other day - sounds like all is well - give a holler for lunch the next time you are in the area.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm back.....

Watercolor Beach is no longer a vacation rental?

But, but, but you promised me a free stay....what's up with that?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm back.....

You snooze --you lose - should have booked it sooner.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm back.....

Suma good to have you back. I have wondered about you hoping all was okay!

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm back.....

You're right, JM. You were supposed to get a free stay. Tell you what. Why don't you just pack a bag and go knock on the door. The people living there have two empty bedrooms. I'm sure they would be glad to put up you and Mrs. JM for a long weekend.

But then again, unless it sells, it will probably be a vacation rental again at some point. Be patient.

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm back.....

Welcome back Suma, I remember you. Funny Costa Rica was recommended to us for our summer vaca this year tarantula not my idea of a tropical relaxing vaca LOL

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm back.....

Glad to see you have returned. Was it Mayflower who got married? That was the funniest thread ever.

Yes, he should have stayed at the Adagio. You know they something for everyone, especially the adventurer. A little ole tarantula is nothing there.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm back.....

Hi Tex,

No. It wasn't Mayflower. I have an older son. Mayflower is still in school. I think he is in his, probably about 14th year of college. I lost count.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm back.....

welcome back

10. Re: I'm back.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:18