We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop over town??????

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Topic
stop over town??????

Hi everyone! We will be traveling from Norman Ok, a town just south of Oklahoma City, and would like to stop in a nice town a little past Jackson Mississippi overnight. We stayed in Jackson last time and did not enjoy it. We met another vacationing family on our last trip who suggested a town but I can't remember the name. It seems like it had the word Olive in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks so, so much!

Little Rock
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: stop over town??????

You may be referring to Olive Branch, but it is right outside of Memphis on HWY 78.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stop over town??????

Past Jackson, MS you would be taking hwy 49. I would suggest staying in Hattiesburg, MS. (Home of Brett Favre)....

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: stop over town??????

Olive Branch does sound familiar. I would want to drive further than that, though. Darn! My husband doesn't want to stay in Hattisberg. I don't know why. Thanks so much, though. Keep the suggestions coming.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stop over town??????

Personally, I would stay on the north side of Jackson, or in Hattiesburg, the next stop would be Mobile. If you wait 'til then, you are almost here!

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
925 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stop over town??????

There is a Mt. Olive on Hwy. 49. It is south of Magee & north of Collins. Both of thoughs towns have a couple of hotels. It's about halfway between Jackson & Hattiesburg. I'm not sure what is in Mt. Olive? We have several friends that have stayed @ Magee. Look the town up on TA & I think there is a new Holiday Inn that looks decent. Good Luck!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: stop over town??????

Thanks so much! I just looked up the HI Express in Magee and it looks like it will suit our needs. I love Trip Advisor. Thanks everyone!

tdckelly1972@aol.com
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: stop over town??????

You would love Oxford. Go to the square, nice al fresco dining, college kids are gone that time of year!

8. Re: stop over town??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 06:19