We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a Resort

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a Resort

I am doing some research and need a few suggestions to start somewhere. I am looking for a resort with water slides (not required but would be nice), kiddie pool area and indoor pool options in case it gets cool. Mom/Dad, 7yo/2yo boys, would prefer beach front but will consider beach access. Thanks.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a Resort

I am not a local, just a person who really likes this area, and who is planning our next trip down.

I don't know of any places with waterslides. I think at many beachfront resorts, they may have nice pools, but the beach is the bigger focus, instead of the big waterpark type pool areas.

I notice that Destin West has a large lazy river pool area.

Silver Sands has what seems to be a good sized very nice beachfront pool with kiddie pool, as well as a very good sized indoor pool, if you are traveling at a time where weather might be more 'iffy'.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with a Resort

Only water slide you will find anywhere in Destin is the waterpark

Silver shells does have a great pool, but its not beachfront , is across 2 lane rd,scenic 98... they do have a beachfront pool but its a small little pool

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with a Resort

OMG, thanks! Yes, it is Silver Shells... (why do I end up typing Silver Sands!!!!) The first thing you see when pulling up their web-site is a large photo of their beachfront 'lagoon pool'... and they do have a good sized indoor/outdoor pool at the clubhouse. Wow, guess they have another larger pool spread on the back side of the resort.

If 'in season', Sandestin has a huge slide thing.... ( I think inflatable???) but it does cost!

Edited: 13 February 2011, 01:04
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with a Resort

The Hilton at San Destin is the nicest resort hotel in the area. There's plenty to occupy a family with children.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with a Resort

Yes, the Hilton, with the rest that Sandestin offers, might be great.

We do not stay AT the Hilton, as we book a condo, and do not rent a room. But while there, we love spending time there, we walk up to Barefoots on the beach and have lunch and drinks... Barefoots/Sandbar are being totally rebuilt, and I think, made larger, after the unfortunate fire last year. The web site says that they will re-open next month in March.

There are some mixed reviews about the Hilton.... Things are expensive, and every little thing, from parking to a bottle of water, are at hilton five-star prices. Many if not most rooms are not beach view. If that is what you want guaranteed, one must make sure to book that and pay for the perk. Little things like that... But otherwise, I would LOVE a nice stay at the Hilton.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with a Resort

Hi,

Try Waterscape, on the beach lots of pools and a lazy river. We stopped in condo A414 it was fantastic.

7. Re: Help with a Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2012, 05:26