We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party Boat deep sea fishing

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
571 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Party Boat deep sea fishing

Wife and I spending week in Destin during late September. Have been on 3-4 person chartered fishing trips with friends and family, but never as a single on 40-45 person fishing boat. Can u actually catch fish or is most of time used to untangle lines, etc??????? Would prefer to be aboard chartered trip, but as a single, don't know how to arrange booking, if possible????? Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party Boat deep sea fishing

Walk around the docks, lots of times they will have postings up, needing an extra to finish out a charter...

Party Boat - will catch fish, will spend some time tangled, much much more economical though...

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
571 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party Boat deep sea fishing

Thanks. What is the customary fee/tip for the party boat crew to clean and pack your catch? One party boat advertises a rate of about $85 for 4-5 hours with about 2.5 hours of actual fishing. Saw a rate of $110 per hour for charter for 4 people - minimum 4 hours - Captain Brian Keith..would equate to about $110 per person. Which would u do? Thanks for info about walking around the docks.......should I do this the afternoon/evening before the day I wish to go out? How is the bay fishing from Baytowne Wharf? Finally, recommendation for both charter and party boat trips??????? Again thanks. John

3. Re: Party Boat deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 13:17