We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Sun / seascape

Nashville
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Sun / seascape

I searched for Majestic Sun posts but most were older.

We will be going to Destin for the first time 3 weeks from today!!!!! YEAH!!! 7 total people, various ages, no small kids. Our friends have been going to this area a couple of times a year for 8 years & adore it! She booked using VRBO. It is a fabulous looking penthouse condo with 2 floors & plenty of space.

I have to admit planning is a big part of my vacation fun. Where to eat, what to do, finding the local hot spots...

I have read a lot of mixed reviews, mostly about the condo condition. I would love to hear comments about the actual property, location & beach.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
591 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

We stayed at Majestic Sun several years ago. Biggest disappointment - u must cross highway (normally, very busy) to get to the beach. Swimming pool, OK. Great view of ocean. Didn't like overall layout of complex, just a very long building with parking garage in back. IMO, there are numerous condo resorts located directly on the beach, designed much better, at comparable prices. General location is very close to major restaurants, outlet shopping, and grocery stores. Beach is located across road and used by condo guest and general public.

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort
Majestic Sun at Seascape...
207 Reviews
Destin, FL
Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

I don't think you will find Scenic Gulf Drive, two lanes, difficult to cross in September; summer perhaps. We've been coming down in the fall for quite a few years. I find the opposite to be true; cars stop at the crosswalks and wave you across.

Enjoy your first trip. Get out and see the area.

Try to post a trip report when you return; first timers are the most interesting to read.

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
591 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

Would agree with your comments regarding Scenic Gulf Drive. Regardless, it is not the best scenario with children considering so many other true beachfront resorts in the area.

Nashville
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

Thanks for ideas & tips! How did you like the area in late September.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

Shorter restaurant waits or arrive before 6:00 and little to no wait.

Water still warm. Beaches not crowded. All the reasons we go in the fall as it's just the two of us. And we will be down that week, also.

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
591 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

My favorite time of the year for the reasons John5678Hi stated above.......Water still warm enough to enjoy. Temperature not so hot and muggy. And most important, crowds are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several good beachfront restaurants close to you along Scenic Gulf Drive. Also, Skippers Seafood market is located in small strip center across from grocery store. U are very close to the Silver Sands Outlet Shopping Center on Hwy 98.

We always eat one night at The Red Bar in Grayton Beach (wife's favorite). My favorite restaurant is Louisiana Lagniappe....Many restaurants have 2 for 1 or nightly specials for 4 pm and beyond. Have a great time and enjoy. We will arrive Sept. 24 for a week. Staying at Sandestin Resort near you. Found a nice 2 bedroom 2 bath townhome with large decks overlooking bay....includes golf cart for use around resort. Next fall we plan to stay the month of October. Will be looking for that very special place for just the two of us. Finally, son and DIL live in Nashville area. Beautiful area, we enjoy visiting often.

Mentioned in this post
The Red Bar
The Red Bar
1,218 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Louisiana Lagniappe
Louisiana Lagniappe
1,358 Reviews
Destin, FL
Sandestin
Sandestin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

We stayed at Majestic Sun on our 1st trip back in 2007 and loved it. It was in very busy June and still loved it. The street is no big deal to cross. The thing we didn't like was the elevators. Type Majestic Sun in the search and you will get alot of views. Enjoy your trip!!

Mentioned in this post
207 Reviews
Destin, FL
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
635 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

We stayed at Majestic Sun this July and really liked our condo. It was no problem to cross the road. The only problem we had was with the algae and June grass. We wouldn't come back because of it.

Mentioned in this post
207 Reviews
Destin, FL
9. Re: Majestic Sun / seascape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 06:18